Fat tail kink

T

TheHiddenGecko

Has anyone ever had a gecko with a tail kink like this? The fat just builds up right before the kink and it is really skinny after it. Is this normal?

STA72202.jpg

S

Sarah H

It's not normal, but I am not sure if it is genetic or not. Could have just been a problem during incubation.
I have seen a few like that sort of looks like the turnip tail. But yours has a normal length tail.

T

TheHiddenGecko

It's definately not genetic. None of the other 16 babies have any deformities. My friend and I think it's from the way it was in the egg.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Honestly I wouldn't think It would be genetic either. It may have been a temp flux, or just a deformity. I doubt it was because the way it was in the egg, as the limbs and tail should be able to move about. Either way it definatly is not normal! This gecko shouldn't be bred and sold or kept as pet only! :)

T

TheHiddenGecko

RaiQuee said:
This gecko shouldn't be bred and sold or kept as pet only! :)
That's exactly what I planned on doing. How much room does a gecko have to move around in an egg? Have you ever looked at a hatchling and then the egg and wonder how the heck did that thing fit in there?

C

calystaz

My Gecko's tail!

my geckos tail looks just like its head, a spade shape that is... any ideas what this might be?

S

sportbike_rob

calystaz said:
my geckos tail looks just like its head, a spade shape that is... any ideas what this might be?

it probbly dropped it a while back, and thats how it grew back, my AFT is the same way. ;)

S

sportbike_rob

calystaz said:

it probbly dropped it a while back, and thats how it grew back, my AFT is the same way. ;)

PS, i cant see the pic in the original thread.....cool red x though, lol

Visit our friends