Anyone try to teach someone how to work a computer?

BalloonzForU

OMG, I'm training someone to do our billing so I can take my vacation to FL on the 25th. Billing has to be done every week between Sunday and Monday. So my husband hires one of his friend's wife, which btw has never ever ever touched a computer. She had run an office as she told him, but forgot to mention that was 20 +/- years ago and there was no computer.

She was going to take over all of what I do for the business but for only 6 hours a day. That includes billing, answering phones, dispatching, writing the payroll checks, etc. Now I'm afraid to let her in the door. I'd rather hire a 10 year old to do this while I'm away. I'm afraid if she is left to do this work, hubby is going to be calling me home to fix the mess she has made, and I don't want to cut my vacation short over this. That would mean I have to miss Daytona, and I just lined up someone to do a small balloon job I had booked before I knew the dates for Daytona.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Ohhh Poor Felicia! That really stinks! Just take lots and lots of deep breathes, and I would let Hubby know what is going on, and if he decides to keep her, make sure he realises that you won't come home early from your Vacation!

I feel your pain. I am now trying to teach a foreigner girl, that can barely speak or understand English, how to answer phones, call customers, etc. I get about 10 complaints a day about her. But, my boss is getting a new position in the company and will be leaving at the end of the month, so I think the last thing he plans on doing is "work" on his old job. So, I am stuck with her for a while.

BalloonzForU

Ok, she came in today to go over what mistakes she had constantly made. We will see how things go on Sunday when she comes back for next week's billing.

I guess all this would not be so bad, if it was not our largest client's bill. These invoices are a little complicated as it is. Each trip has to be billed in detail, using military time, with break downs of miles, cities, wait time locations, reasons for waiting, etc. Once the invoice it full it gets sent to their mainframe which process the invoice for payment, then payment is made directly into our account. The only time a human gets involved is here in our office or if their mainframe doesn't pick up on the exceptions in the invoices and doesn't pay them. However with exceptions it can delay payment up to two or three weeks. Hubby has a fit if the invoices are not paid in full, and I don't blame him. However, maybe with all this and the problems this is going to cause while I'm gone (damn more work for me when I get home) he will appreciate the work I do for his business and I'll get a raise?!?!?!?! Ok, maybe that's asking for much since I just got another raise two weeks ago, but hey a girl can dream can't she?

Now that I won't be working on billing anymore this week with her, I can relax and really enjoy my little four legged friends till she's back again....arrrrgggg. LOL

Visit our friends