1. Are you a Gecko enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Gecko enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your geckos and enclosures and have a great time with other Gecko enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

How much should he/she weigh? Crested gecko!

Discussion in 'Other Pet Talk' started by Lindsay41, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Lindsay41

Lindsay41 Gecko Egg

Hi,

I’ve recently adopted a crested gecko and I think I’m doing ok

I’ve only just joined the forum as never owned a gecko before. Didn’t realise the importance of weighing them so I did today. She was born in September. How much should she weigh...I apologise if this is a stupid question and it’s answered elsewhere but I’ve never been on a forum before and only just worked out how to post!

Thanks for any help....

Lindsay
  2. acpart

acpart Gecko Grandparent 3 Year Member

Their weights can vary greatly. I have one that hatched in October and currently weighs 9 grams. I'll bet there are other cresties the same age that weigh considerably more and also less

Aliza
    jetfire likes this.
  3. jetfire

jetfire Adult Gecko 3 Year Member

Weighing a Gecko isn't important at all, unless you're planning on breeding. As long as it's eating, healthy, and not skin & bones or obese, don't worry about it.
  4. Lindsay41

Lindsay41 Gecko Egg

Thank you both so much for your replies. Having read some more, s/he seems healthy and thriving so I’ll stop stressing!

Thank you x
  5. spacercaser

spacercaser Gecko Egg

I’d been weighing mine every so often because that’s what I’d done at work! Didn’t realize it was unnecessary, whoops. They’ll probably appreciate not having to mess with that anymore.