First clutch update

brandy101010

Thought I would post some updated pics of my fist two hatchlings. Well really they are not my first. My first clutch did not make it :(
Here they are as hatchlings.

000_0934.jpg

Here they are now.

000_1395.jpg

000_1403.jpg

I think It's time to Move them to bigger tubs. At what size do you guys usually move them out of the hatchling tubs and into the adult tubs?

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Very nice!

Well my tubs are 11X7X15 and 22X7X15 so I put clutchmates in the smaller ones (about the sweater box size) then the adult groups in the bigger ones.

Once the clutchmates get to I guess 30 grams I move the pair to the larger tub.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
They are looking great Brandy!

About the tubs, I kind of eyeball it, I start them out in 6 quart tubs, then about 25-30 grams-ish, if they aren't sold or if they are hold backs, I move then to 12 Quart tubs

brandy101010

Thanks everyone! Right now they are kept seprate in 6qt The biggest one is 18g last I weighed 2 days ago. I think I'm going to move them to 12 qt soon. I just don't want them to get too stressed in a bigger environment.

brandy101010

The one in the third pic is missing! She escaped out of a gap in the top of the tub that I never noticed and I can't find her! :(
To make it worse I have another one missing too because one of my cats knocked it's tub out of the rack! I'm so worried about them. My tummy hurts. :(
I need to be more carefull!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I hope you find her Brandy, and don't beat yourself up over it. All of us have lost animals, I lost more than I can count :)

BUT I found all of them except for a Milksnake and 2 baby Cresteds. Don't give up, they can show up months after you have lost them. I found a Leopard Geckos 7 or 8 months after I lost her and she was fine :)

Visit our friends