Red-eyed blazing blizzards?

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
I know Kelli's male Bell blazing had red eyes, but has anyone else produced or seen blazing blizzards with whole or partial ruby-red eyes?

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
:main_yes: Yes, If a Blizzard Albino has solid or "snake eyes", and is a Tremper or Bell albino, the eyes are automatically red. Keep in mind incubation temps, and or cooling can darken the eyes of a Tremper Blazing.

"Eclipse" have the black eyes(the Tremper morph), the Super Snows have them, and so do some Blizzards. It only makes sense that, the albino version of each will have red eyes.

Rainwaters do not have very red eyes, so neither will a RW Blazing, unfortunately.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I have a male Tremper Blazing that I purchased from VMS that has red eyes. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with him, though. heh

bro paul

brightalbino.com
Here are two I picked up at Daytona. One has two solid ruby red eyes (look much darker in the pic, but they definitely have a reddish glow)...and the other has two snake eyes.

bb_gala2.JPG

bb_trix2.JPG

These are quickly becoming my favorite geckos. They're eyes are so cool to look at. :main_thumbsup:

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
preacherman said:
Hey Paul,

If you get a chance could you post a pic of that male?

Well, I tried. lol He is one of those "perpetual motion" geckos that can't stop walking around so I didn't get the best shots of his eyes.

TBBredeye3.jpg

TBBredeye2.jpg

TBBredeye1.jpg

He doesn't have the solid red "ruby" eyes. They look kind of like Bell eyes, but a little lighter, and more pink than beige.

C

chad e

apparently theyre called "diablo blancos".

i wonder if rons project is why there are so many blizzards that have eclipse/snake eyes out there. hes obviously been breeding RAPTORS to blizzards. maybe the snake eyed blizzards are the biproduct of the diablo blancos project and ron just sold them to petco or where ever it is he dumps off his c.r.a.p.

it would be interesting to breed those snake eyed blizzards to a tremper albino cause if they are from rons project than theres gotta be a few out there that are het for tremper albino.

C

chad e

p.s. i'm not calling snake eyed blizzards possibly het for albino crap. C.R.A.P. is the actual name of Ron Trempers company that supplys the big chain pet store(s). no bullcrap. anyone whose ever bought a gecko from ron can concur. its the company name at the top of his invoices.

bro paul

brightalbino.com
It'd be cool if it were the same thing...but I'm skeptical until it's proven. I have a few Blazing Blizzards (Tremper strain) that are snake-eyed and ruby eyed that I will cross with a raptor this season...then I'll know a little more. With so many eye traits popping up in various projects (some of which are very unrelated) it'd be nice to think it's all the same thing. I've talked with some breeders that think they're all the same trait...some think they're all different. Who knows!? Are their any other examples of "eye morphs" in other reptiles/animals?

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
bro paul said:
It'd be cool if it were the same thing...but I'm skeptical until it's proven. I have a few Blazing Blizzards (Tremper strain) that are snake-eyed and ruby eyed that I will cross with a raptor this season...then I'll know a little more. With so many eye traits popping up in various projects (some of which are very unrelated) it'd be nice to think it's all the same thing. I've talked with some breeders that think they're all the same trait...some think they're all different. Who knows!? Are their any other examples of "eye morphs" in other reptiles/animals?

Humans :D That's how we have brown/blue/green eyes.

I'm pretty sure there are others - but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now.

Visit our friends