What to breed with my Patternless and Tangs??

J

justin-branam

I have 1.2 tangs, and 1.1 patternless. i was wondering if i could breed them with anything to get some kind of different morph? I am planning on getting a snow (or super if i can afford it), so should i breed that with one or the other to get better results? something like a patternless snow, or would i just end up with half patties and half snows? still trying to figure out all of this genetics stuff!

BalloonzForU

The patternless is recessive so you wouldn't get Snow Patternless the first year, you would have to wait to pair the offspring together to get them, and poss a SS Patty if you pair two snow het patties.

J

justin-branam

roaches42993 said:
what kind of new morph are you trying to make ?

not really sure. just something different than what i have! not necessarily a new morph, just a new one for my collection.

BalloonzForU said:
The patternless is recessive so you wouldn't get Snow Patternless the first year, you would have to wait to pair the offspring together to get them, and poss a SS Patty if you pair two snow het patties.

So would the 50% that come out as snows, definitely be het for patternless? and if so, would it be okay to breed two siblings, or should i try to pair two up from different lines. the whole inbreeding thing has me a little concerned.

when you say there is a chance of getting a SS patty. would this be a 25% chance or a 6.25%? Im horrible with punnet squares!

THANKS!

BalloonzForU

justin-branam said:
So would the 50% that come out as snows, definitely be het for patternless? and if so, would it be okay to breed two siblings, or should i try to pair two up from different lines. the whole inbreeding thing has me a little concerned.

when you say there is a chance of getting a SS patty. would this be a 25% chance or a 6.25%? Im horrible with punnet squares!

THANKS!

If your Patty is a Patty and not just a het, all hathclings would be 100% het Patty, about half would be snow het patty. I believe it's 25% chance SS Patty when breeding Snow Het Patty X Snow Het Patty. Yes you can inbreed/linebreed, leos, you just want to make sure you bring in new blood as often as you can.

Visit our friends