Finally... Coleonyx elegans!!!

joshwilson

JawsReptiles
After a very long wait, I have finally acquired a CB pair of Coleonyx elegans, it was well worth the wait though. These have to be one of the most beautiful gecko species. So now all the way from Germany, introducing Boris and Natasha (I know those are Russian names, but I liked them)..

Coleonyx1.JPG

Coleonyx2.JPG

joshwilson

JawsReptiles
Thank you everybody. Desire', I believe there are others in the U.S. with them, They just don't seem to get rid of any, and I can't say I blame them. Marcia, please be sure to post pictures when you receive yours! Thanks again everybody.

N

Nathan Hall

Glad you are happy with them, Josh. I'd definitely get them off of those paper towels. Marcia, I'll send yours out on Monday. Your pair is much nicer than his:D J/K. Also, keep them a little warmer than what most say. The Yucatán Peninsula gets hot!

care:
I keep juveniles singly on coconut fiber or peat. Keep a hide on the cool end and pour water under that hide about once a week. The rest of the enclosure should remain relatively dry. You can mist the enclosure a few times a week. There's no need for a water bowl as long as it remains moist under the hide. You can also add a small piece of cork bark as another hide option. I actually keep them in my warm room, which gets to 82-84 during the day and 74-76 at night. I keep the adults in pairs in 15-qt boxes in a rack system. Same set-up for the adults. Be sure to give the female PLENTY of calcium during the breeding season and leave a bowl of calcium in the enclosure as well. Good luck, and please let me know if you have any additional questions. Get ready, Marcia!

C.elegans6.jpg

N

Nathan Hall

and I almost forgot, a HUGE thank you to Nathan Hall at geckosunlimited for getting these for me!
My pleasure, Josh. I'm just happy that there are other Coleonyx lovers out there. Like I said, please give me a call if you have any questions at all.

Kelli, great forums! I hope you are well. We need to catch up!

joshwilson

JawsReptiles
hey thanks Nathan, and welcome to geckoforums. thanks for the tips. They were on the paper towels temporarily, until I got home from work. They are all set up now. Thanks again!

N

Nathan Hall

Oh, I also want to make this completely clear. Those who've received the elegans have been on a waiting list for a very long time, and I'm simply going down the list. We ended up with mostly males of the specimens we imported in March, so I scrambled to get some females at the last Hamm show. I just don't want anyone to feel like I'm being unfair. Glenn, I haven't forgotten about you:) .

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
AWESOME!!! Great pick up Josh! I have been wanting some so bad for the last couple of years now. Things just don't seem to be working in my direction yet, with these guys anyway. But there is always next year.:main_thumbsup:

N

Nathan Hall

Things just don't seem to be working in my direction yet, with these guys anyway.
Glenn, Truly and I are moving to Austin this spring, so we'll be right down the road from you. You can stop by the facility and pick 'em out when you're ready. Man, I'm ready to get the heck out of Houston.

G & M Geckos

Nathan Hall said:
Glenn, I haven't forgotten about you:) .

Nathan, no worries. I know you haven't and as I said in our emails I really appreicate you staying in contact with us through everything we have been through this last year.

Hey and WELCOME to gecko forums! Maybe there is a "GUEST CHAT" in the near future?

G & M Geckos

Nathan Hall said:
Man, I'm ready to get the heck out of Houston.

That is great news Nathan! I was talking to another chef for the company I work for last week. He is stationed in Houston. He told me he lives 10 miles from work and it took him 1 1/2 hours to get to work and the same home. Must really suck.

G & M Geckos

Nathan Hall said:
I'll be a few hours closer to West Texas too! WOOHOO!

Not just that, but right in the middle of Alligator Lizard habitat!:main_thumbsup:

When ever you are ready just let me know. I found a great new spot to look for them this last summer.

Visit our friends