Hey Guy From NJ!

T

Tainted Glory

What's going on...

I was referred to this board through another herp forum I frequent. Needless to say, I absolutely LOVE this site!

Anyway, my name is Mike and I'm from northern NJ. I'm 17 and a senior in highschool. Reptiles have always been my passion. My addiction started when my parents bought me a pair of iguanas when I was 5 or 6. I had those guys until I was about 10 years old. I loved them dearly. Anyway, over the years, I've pretty much kept everything. Off the top of my head, iguanas, bearded dragons, crested geckos, monitors (mangrove, savanah, nile, and timor), mali uromastyx, leopard geckos, ball pythons, boas, and my latest addiction, chondros.

As for now, my collection consists of a full stripe neonate chondro (Bokondini x Wamena courtesy of Dave Prada), an adult female leopard gecko, and a female ball python. My fascination with leopard geckos was almost by accident. For the past year or so, I've been longing to breed for fun, rather than profit. I had my heart set on chondros, but they are/were very expensive and to some extent, still are. I acquired my chondro not as a breeding investment, but as a companion. So, my guy/girl, will remain my showcase pride and joy! Anyway, ball pythons were next on the proverbial chopping block. Sure, breeding normals is cool, but gets boring fast. My taste for the best took over and I was hellbent on the rare morphs-bumblebees, piebald, albino, spider, etc. Reality hit and I realized there was no way I could afford a trio of such snakes. I've bred crested geckos on a few occassions, but that's it.

I was completely blind to the world of leopard geckos. I had no idea that breeding had gone so far. When I first saw a Tornado Tangerine or APTOR, I was blown away. Needless to say, I'm hooked. I'm going to order a Boaphile rack and start building up some really nice geckos to hopefully breed next spring! My next addition to my 0.1 normal female is a SHTCT male. I'm super excited. Next up I've got some LVAs, CT and tangerines coming. I've never been this happy with the herp world since I got my chondro a few months ago!!!

brandy101010

Welcome fellow New Jersey captive! You poor thing!
I'm from South Jersey Cumberland County. Hope your having more fun then I am!

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Would you mind posting a picture of your chondro. I have an undying love for them as well, and also striped things :)

Welcome to the forum!!

robin

welcome to the forum. you will be in good company with some of the other new jersey-ites lol and some former one .. plus everone else :p

T

Tainted Glory

I appreciate the kind welcome! Robin, here is a poor photo I snapped last night of my chondro. I'll take some new ones tomorrow while we feed!

IMG_1961.jpg

T

thegeckoguy2010

welcome,
i really like your snake!!! i a new to the forums to my name is Chris

T

Tainted Glory

I'm from Passaic county. I'm always looking to meet fellow hobbyists in my area!

Visit our friends