92 day incubation

I had two eggs at 92 days, one was dented pretty good so I decided to cut it. Well to my suprise the little sucker was still alive inside. So it probably will not make it. But, I am trying to possibly save it. This gives me hope on the second egg though. I have been having bad luck with hatching anything so far. So I have cut a few eggs open this year and all have been underdeveloped but had everything and were dead inside the egg. So I was really shocked at this one. My temps might have been alittle low possibly, so times maybe long for this set.

Scott

Felicia,
It was running 78-80 everytime I would check it. Since then I had slowly increased it to 83-85 and changed from perlite to vermiculite due to all the other problems I was having. The eggs look to be doing alot better.

Thanks,
Scott

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Sorry to hear you lost the little one... 78 degrees is borderline mortality temperature. Sounds like the one that made it will be strong after slow-cooking so long!

BalloonzForU

scottmckillips said:
Hatched the second one at 98 days!!

Congratulations ont he second one at 98 Days! Wow, I know I couldn't wait that long. Sorry about loosing the other one, sometimes it just happens. But at least you've got the other one. :)

Sorry everybody but I missed writing down a set of eggs in my log book. I had lost some eggs before this set so it threw off my order I had the eggs in. The incubation time ended up being 70 days on the one I cut and 75 days on the one that hatched.
Also, I must have finally gotten the incubation setup right, because I ended the season hatching my last six eggs with no problems. I ended up hatching a reverse stripe, stripe, jungle, and three normal banded tremper sunglows. They were from my Tremper sunglow het aptor male X tremper sunglow female.

Scott

Visit our friends