NARBC get-together '06

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
A HUGE thanks to Jeremy! Last night was a blast. We're really going to have to do that again next year. Hopefully, we'll have a few more members come by. Now, for a blow-by-blow for those who couldn't be there (at least as much as I remember!!).

The fun was suppose to begin at 7:30, but we couldn't have been there more than 15 minutes before Hotel management came by an kicked us out into the hall. They were giving us some total BS about how the bartender needed to set up, and we couldn't be in the room at the same time. They said an hour, Jeremy said 45 minutes, and I swear we were out there an hour and 15 minutes.

During that time Paul Sage and brother, Sarah (not a member), Jeremy and family, Desire' and ... boyfriend (?), and a bunch of Pangea people sat out in the hallway. Felicia and her friend Jill were smart, and took a trip down to the bar. It was pretty darned annoying to have to sit out there all that time. Some girls from Pangea had hobo-bagged some wine, and were having a good 'ol time. Most of the Pangea people ended up outside for smoking and drinking. The BEEEEPPP! of the alarm (it was an emergency door) was the bane of our existence for quite awhile. Riley thought my hat was pretty cool - at least someone did! :p

About 1/2 way through our waiting period (Paul missed it!) a guy came running down the hallway pushing a hand cart, knees flailing out to both sides while he yelled "I'm a Frilled Dragon!". ROFL That was awesome.

We finally got back into the room somewhere around 9. I don't think it was more than 10 minutes when the fire alarm went off! Thankfully, it didn't take too long for them to turn it off. Finally, the drama of the night was over. Greg (gaparicio) and Andrea (crestedgeckogirly) joined the party. We ended up talking about all sorts of thing til about midnight! Highlights include Paul and me finding out we hold our pens the exact same way (like a left-hander does, but in our right hand)....which started everyone else looking at how they write. Much to her embarrassment, everyone got a good laugh at how Desire' counts to 5. And, everyone tried to catch a glimpse of Cadence moving around, but in true fashion she'd stop moving as soon as everyone was watching. I think only Paul and Felicia were able to see it.

Well, that's my recap for the night! I know Jeremy and Paul should have some pictures, and I'm sure they'll post them as soon as they get a chance (they're still at the show right now). Anyone who was there, add your stories!

wilomn

No One of Consequence
You gecko people are weird.

No cops?

No hookers?

No hotel dicks? heh heh heh

BORRRRRRING.

And yet, somehow, I find myself, sort of, taking into consideration who all was there, mostly, wishing I had been there.

Maybe next year. You all really need representation from those of us who work with the legless as well as the multi-legged.

BalloonzForU

Since Jeremy has not posted pics yet. I'll post the 3 I took. Damn I took three pics then forgot all about the camera.

Shanti in her very funny, funny hat :joker:, and STILL prego with Cadence
Picture_032_op_450x600.jpg

Then we've got Paul Sage, before the beers, not that he looked any different after. Oh yeah and the not so funny, funny hat! :p
Picture_033_op_800x600.jpg

Then the best pic of all, Mr. Letkey and Dad! ;) What a handsome boy Conner is, Jeremy you're going to be fighting off the girls with those two boys you have. BTW Conner had just got back from flirting with a girl at the pool who he thought was a hottie!

Picture_031_op_800x600.jpg

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Hey, that smiley stole my hat! BTW - That's Stacie, Jeremy's wife, near me in the photo. Jeez - will I ever have a candid shot of myself where I don't look like a goon?

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Oh god, you just had to put my counting issue in there lmao!! Hey! You didn't say how Andrea said "Leachie-ANUS" lmao.

And I missed conner! Boo :(

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
You were just too busy watching Riley being fasinated by my hat. Connor was there at the same time, but was in the stroller.

HAHAHA - I didn't hear Andrea say that!

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I look like such a dork in that picture. Are you sure it was taken before all the beer? lol

gaparicio

Let's Go Bears!
I had a blast at the get together. Apart from Desiré counting with her fingers all weird, Andrea does some weird movements with her arms that cause a lot of attention!;) Desiré can tell you about that!

G

Guybrush Threepwood

Yeah Paul, I also really didn't think you were going to look like that... Quite surprising.. being your brother and all..
I'M JUST KIDDING!
Good times had by all this past weekend.
I hope we all can do it again sometime. :main_yes:

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
I had an amazing time this weekend!!!
I will try to get some pics up ASAP. I'm sure they all suck but they aren't of me, so I don't care. lol

I would have posted last night but my internet kept freezing up. I must have replyed about 5 times and they all went to nowhere land. :(

BalloonzForU

Jeremy Letkey said:
I had an amazing time this weekend!!!
I will try to get some pics up ASAP. I'm sure they all suck but they aren't of me, so I don't care. lol

I know you snuck one of me while I was talking with Jeff Jr at JMG thanks a lot! lol

Jeremy Letkey said:
I would have posted last night but my internet kept freezing up. I must have replyed about 5 times and they all went to nowhere land. :(

To Whom it May Concern!!!! Please direct all of Jeremy's lost to nowhere land post to geckoforums.net.

Visit our friends