Sacramento Reptile Show, etc.!

Arconna

Well I just got back not too long ago from the Sac. show and figured I'd tell everyone that it was FREAKING AWESOME! I don't have any pictures yet of the things I got, but I will tell you what I got until I can get pics to load.
I got two new Leo's, both female. One a bold stripe jungle from Marcia at GGG and another I had on hold that is a Chocolate Jungle Tremper Albino from the same place. Both looking fantastic and GORGEOUS.

And, I finally took the plunge. I've been thinking about Cresties for so long now and been considering it and everyone has been saying "Oh you gotta check them out, get one you'll be addicted".
So, I got one. A little boy. He's so cuuuuuuute. I love him already. His name is Tim and he's this sort of wood colored light brown/orange and such a sweety. He's all scared right now cause of the trip and being lugged around, but he'll calm down soon.

There was so much neat stuff there too. Lizards, snakes, turtles, frogs, and insects. I have to be honest, I never thought I'd actually want to buy an insect until I saw a whiptail scorpion. Those things are so wicked I actually want one.

I didn't see much of the events that were going on because I spent most of my time wandering and looking. I did buy a better pump and filter for my turtles for 20 bucks and it's a billion times more efficient than the other one so hopefully it will do well for them. I also noticed that when I added more water to their home they got a little braver and actually swam around while I was watching them. It was neat.

I also found some straight calcium powder, no D3, that I have been looking for all over. I had a thing but ran out and I can't find straight calcium ANYWHERE now. Only the D3 stuff...grr. So got a bunch of that.

So officially I am a gecko nut...

I'll try to get some pictures of my new babies soon!

P.S. MARCIA YOU ROCK!!! Man I love you! You were so nice and helpful and whatever it is that you are taking that makes you so awesome you need to keep taking it. I think it's happy pills or something. Like pure concentrated happiness in a pill...I just can't praise you enough without going bonkers :D.

crestedgeckogirly

Congrats Shaun! I knew you'd fall in love w/cresties! They're awesome! You just let me know when you need a female for your little guy *wink, wink* LOL

-Andrea ;)

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Reptile shows are always awesome to go to! We vend at one, twice a month and it's never enough!! :)

Oh, Marcia is a just a pill to deal with! I have ordered from her twice, and both times I was just tickled!

J

JBrune

Can't go wrong...

with GGG!!! Marcia is truely an awesome person.

That reminds me, when is the San Jose show happening... I better drop her a note now, I need a reverse stripe? :p

Joyce

Arconna

Oh boy I'm not even ready to think about breeding cresties yet lol. Let me deal with breeding leo's first and then we'll see. I got to hold a baby reticulate python today too! You know, despite what I've heard about them this snake was the most docile thing I've ever handled that had any sort of reputation. Literally you could do just about anything to it and it wouldn't have a fit. I was surprised. I'd still not want something that big though.
Oh and I got to hold something called a Cribo, this HUGE colubrid. It was so bizarre. And a cornsnake, which is cool too :). They had some amazing BLUE BLUE BLUE chams there. So much stuff I'm going bonkers.

As for my cresty, so far he's doing well and the cage I got (since it was the only arborealish one there at the show) could easily hold a 1.2 group of cresties. So who knows. Right now I have plenty of animals to deal with lol. Plus I want to get a snake next year, so yeah :p. Thinking Children's or Stimson's...but leaning more towards Stimson's. I want a Python, lol, and had considered Carpets but saw how bulky they got at the show and was like "nope, too big" lol. I'm a small snake person.

Anywho lol. I actually have to go take care of the monsters right now. Feed all the new ones if they will eat, etc. Yay!

marula

...reptil shows are everytime really dangerous :D
...i start with leo too, but i found cresties and i love them!..so i understand your choice!
...for pyton...no..probably i never buy one of them..for me is a problem fedeer them with mouse, rabbit...when i was young i breed every kind of mouses and rabbit...(i have same problem woth superworms!..when i put them to eat in the cup and i see them walking around will be difficult to think about them like a "food"...i know..i'm not normal..) :lol:

K

KiwiSF

I wish I couldv'e gone :eek:
But oh well. Too busy. And I got to see Marcia last weekend when I got my tang...she is awesome!!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
All of you guys ROCK!!! The Sacramento Show was the best one at that venue so far.... I did not get a chance to sit down, eat, drink, and had to beg for help at my booth so I could even take a potty break! WOW!!! I want to thank all of you for your support for the show, and I hope to see some of you in Anaheim for the NARBC Show Sept. 23-24 as well as the Upscale Reptile show in San Jose, CA. in November!

J

Jakeychs

That Show Got my MOM into Leos And she bought 2 more
I got A Tangurine and a banana blizzard

Arconna

I might try to go to the San Jose show just to take a look around. There's no way I can get to that Annaheim show though. Requires planning that I can't do :(. Which sucks cause I'd like to go. I might go to it next year if not some other large show.

Where is the San Jose show held? Convention Center in down town?

Visit our friends