Death, RIP Papa

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
My grandfather died today at 7:15 am at work. Died en route to the hospital in the ambulance. Cause of death: heart attack. I'm a wreck. Unlike most of the people in my family that have died over the years this is the worst. I had a wonderful relationship with my grandfather. He taught me so much. I will miss him dearly and forever. He always said he wanted to watch my grow up to be the man he knew i would be, to see me graduate high school, join and leave the military, do the college thing, and live my life. And now that oppurtunity has been stolen. It will never happen and he'll never see how I turn out. This is the worst day of my life. I don't know what to do anymore. The sole person in my life that gave me advice and direction without personal benefit in mind and whos only objective was to help me and see I didn't have to do things the hard way is now gone. He was a brilliant man and much of the humor you, all my friends, enjoy so much, i learned it from him. Many of the things I know I learned from him. But most importantly, the responsibility, intergrity, honesty, intelligence, humor, and all the little useful things I know and do, he taught me all of those. I miss him dearly. This is unreal, I can't believe its happening. Even as the tears come down my face as I type this I can't believe hes gone. I don't want to. When me and my grandmother pulled up to their house today, and the car I had dropped off myself only hours earlier was sitting in the driveway, a little part inside of me cried out and hoped he would be there, waiting for me to tell me one of his stories that would make me laugh or have an important lesson. Its so unfair. Why are the ones we love the most always the first to go....

Last edited:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Oh no, Tom! I am so very sorry to hear this. Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family. Never forget the dreams your grandfather had for you, Tom. You can be his legacy...

So sorry to hear about your loss. It is something that is very hard to deal with but remember who he was and what he taught you!! Turning into the man he wanted you to be will be the best thing you could ever do to show how much he meant to you. I went through the loss of my best friend when I was 17 during my senior year in high school plus three more funerals for friends that same year. I grew from it and learn alot. You will to in time. Remember to love your friends and family while you have them and remember them often when they are gone. Also never forget if you need support we are all here.

Scott

Last edited:
D

Dee

Tom, I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandfather, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You've been so lucky to have had this wonderful person in your life as long as you have; just keep remembering what he taught you, because the very best way to honor him is to be the person you know he was helping you to become. Remember, too, that you obviously brought a lot of love and fulfillment to his life with your relationship.

I know that nothing that we say can really help right now, but just know we are here for you if you need us. Take care.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Tom,

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather! Just remember that he is still watching over you, and like Marcia said, don't lose site of the things that you and he wanted you to do, show him how strong you are by fulfilling your dreams.

Val

Tom, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know nothing anyone can say can make you feel better, so I'll make this short. Keep him in your memory and in your heart and he will keep you on the right path. And Jeanne said it perfectly, show him your strength by fulfilling the dreams both he and you had for yourself.

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Tom ,
Sorry for you loss lossing a loved one is never easy , But dont think because your Grandfather isnt here in person he wont ALWAYS be with you in spirit. Dont las other have said loose sight of what he wanted for you he will see you where ver you go and in what ever you do in your life , You will know when he smiles down on you it will be the sun in the sky shining over you, the familar sounds you wont forget those will be him . Stay strong as others around you may need your wisdom that he passed onto you at the age of 15 it appears as hes inpsired lots of that into you.

BalloonzForU

Tom,

I'm sorry for your loss. Remember this, he will always be alive as long as you keep him alive in your heart. He will watch you grown, maybe not on this earth as you hopped, but he will watch over you and you will make him proud. What has helped me in the loss of a loved one is to remember their life I shared with them, remember the good times, the fun weshared, the love received, and the heartaches, remember it all. Talk to him, he will hear you. But most importanlty, live your life, he wouldn't want to see you sad over his death, he would want you to be happy and live on to be that young man he always knew you could be.

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
Tom, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is something that is never easy. If you need anything let us know. Remember the good times and that there is always a part of him with you.........

W

Welsh

Tom, I don't know you, but I understand how you feel.
I was very close to my grandmother; she passed away on Haloween a few years ago.

It's always sad to think about, but just think of all of the good times you had with the person. They are happy in heaven, and they are still with you in your heart.

Remember the good days, and never forget your family and friends,
Welsh.

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
I'd like to thank you all for the kind words. Especially scott. You've all been great, but me and him talked for about an hour. Do you want to know what the worst thing I heard after he died was? My mom comes up to me and says "Just so you know, I get the guns and the motorcycle." How twisted of a human being must she be. I hate her, even more so now than I did over the last year

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Sorry for your loss Tom. Your grandfather sounded like a happy man who enjoyed life, live in that memory and forget him not. Enjoy life as he had and know he is always with you.

brandy101010

I'm so sorry for your loss Tom. Don't worry, He will see you become a great person. Keep him close to your heart and make him proud. We are all here for you.

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
Tom,
I am sorry for your loss. Just try to remember that we go to a better place after our life here and to celebrate his life when you are able to.

N

nora

things happen for a reason tom, and dont think for a second that you have lost direction in your life because you havent.. you keep doing what your grandfather has always wanted you to do, and he will still help guide you to in spirit.. Just remember one thing.. you are part of your grandfather, and he's always always always going to be a part of you.

just take it easy and anytime you need someone to talk to Tom, we're all here to give you support.. no matter what.

Oh,
I am so soory. I know how it feels a lil while back my great aunt passed.She was like a second grandmom.She tried to tell the doctors she was sick.They wouldn't beleive her.A few days l8r she died.I will never forgive them

Visit our friends