Hatchling Photos

H

Harmurray

Here are a couple pictures of some babies I recently hatched. Could anyone help me identify the morph.

This was at 3 days old and hatched Aug 22.
Gecko010.jpg

Another of the same hatchling.
Gecko014.jpg

This is the same one at 3 weeks old.
Gecko.jpg

Finally this one hatched on Sept 11.
Gecko018.jpg

Thank you,
Harold

H

Harmurray

The parents are 100% het for APTOR but what confuses me is the presence of dark pigment. In the photo of the three week old you can see that it has developed black spots on the tail. Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you,
Harold

bro paul

brightalbino.com
I'm guessing at least one of the parents was a "non-albino" het APTOR, which would explain the darker pigment. If so, your hatchlings are displaying the patternless part of the APTOR trait, but not the albino form. They are very beautiful examples by the way! Also, from the pictures it looks like the first one has very dark eyes...if so, you may have an "eclipse" on your hands (actually in the picture it looks like a black eye with a red iris...but that may just be the flash or something).

H

Harmurray

I had considered the possibility that the first may be an eclipse. It does have the white feet and lips that are described on Ron's site. Yes actually both of the parents were non-albino 100% het for Aptor. I have been watching the eyes very carefully and it looks like they may be lightening a bit though.

Thank you for your response,
Harold

H

Harmurray

Here was the first hatchling we got from this group. The bands seem to be fading to orange and I have yet to see any spots develop. Does that make it a Hybino?

Gecko007.jpg

H

Harmurray

Thank you for the kind words. Here is a second one that may also be a hybino as well. It also came from the same group of parents but is younger. Do the eyes look unusual?

Gecko021.jpg

Gecko024.jpg

M

mayabear52

Love the pics of all your geckos. But your last one is awesome with the red eyes..sweet...very sweet. Its got that looks that says "don't you wish your gecko looked just like me"

H

Harmurray

Update photos of possible Eclipse

I snapped a couple more pictures of the gecko first pictured in this thread.

gecko035.jpg

I was trying to get a good shot of the eye. I still have a lot of trouble getting in close.

gecko036.jpg

P

pawsfoot

Very nice looking little gecko. Looks very different from when it was a hatchling.

H

Harmurray

Update photo

Thank you all very much for the compliments. I just wanted to post an update photo of the gecko hatched on September 11, 2006. I was trying to get a good picture of the eyes but I find that very difficult.

Eclipse911.jpg

Harold

Visit our friends