Breeding mice?

BalloonzForU

I picked up 1.3 mice today. They are sooo cute. I've about had it with having to drive 30 min away to pick up pinkies and have some not be eaten right away cause some one is being picky one day. I figured this way they will be nice and full of mommy's milk when time comes to use the pinkies. I guess my question is this. These mice are not quite full grown yet, and they were housed together. Should I have any issues with them turning on each other? I know Paul (LFL) had one kill a cage mate, and I'm not looking forward to seeing something like that, especially since my son just named all four. gggrrrrr

brandy101010

if you have enough space,food and water they should live peacfully and give you more babies then you can handle lol. They normaly fight if there is not enough space or food. I never have problems with them killing each other. When mommy looks like she is going to pop put her in her own tank untill the babbies are big enough to go in the comunity tank. The males will eat the babies. females will share babies and take turns mothering them and even steal them from other mothers lol. so having mothers together is ok.

BalloonzForU

Cool! What size tank is good for 4 mice? As far as the males killing the babies, that's not an option for them, but the leos that's another story. :)

brandy101010

Im not sure what gallon my main tank is, but it's about four foot long and one foot wide. I have a wood hide in there and some paper towl roles water bottle and a very large food dish. for food I give veggies in the morning. in there dish I keep dog food, uncooked pasta, crackers, and bread. I keep that down at all times and change it everyday. feeding them this way is actually better then the store bought mouse food and it's stuff you probably already have around the house. a hamster wheel would probably be cool too...im going to the pet store this weekend...

Visit our friends