Replanted/ rescaped tanks

Dimidiata

Well, after a year of staring at my horrendously planted tank(10gal divided), with my java fern that grows so wild and the recent plants, i took EVERYTHING out and replanted it all. Im happy being this is my first true aquascape.

Plants involved are
Java fern
Apontagen
Redludwiga
water sprite
rotala
baby tear
Mystery plant
Hornwort

Heres what happened
GEDC0004-1.jpg

This is after i finnished the right section, but before i touched the center and left.

Here is the right section finnished
DSC01083.jpg

Heres the mystery plant
GEDC0005-1.jpg

Alright, now for the center
DSC01084.jpg

Sol was VERY impressed

and the left, with Hina and the darter
DSC01085.jpg

Not as planted as it could be, im thinking ill get a bacopia for her. She was happy when I put her hammock back.

Now, you may be thinking "where did all the java fern go?"
here it is
DSC01071.jpg

there were 3 BIG pieces.

The first i named the Jolly Green Giant
DSC01073.jpg

16-18" long, how it fit in the 10gal is beyond me

The Corner piece
DSC01074.jpg

And the strip
DSC01077.jpg

all that is 1 plant, its a 8" strip of java fern thats 6-8" tall.

And a close up of my new Great ramshorn snail( Planorbarius Corneus) wild caught.
DSC01079.jpg

him to a algae waffer, hes nickel sized.

And that folks, was todays adventure.

The baby tear, Hornwort, and mystery plant are all wild collected from my local area.

And a fallow up from last night
Came out to check my 29 last night and i was happy to see everyone so settled in and content. All the FTS were on the glass(their larger cousins of MTS), the gold barbs were all tucked in to the javaferns, the DG in his corner and the cory under the drift wood. The pleco was watching a FTS eat at a algae wafer that was just out of his reach :p, so i gave him some spinach to much on. The bettas are all adjusting, sleeping in the plants as always(aside elton, who prefers gravel). Baby tear makes great beds. Everyone's happy and im happy!

Visit our friends