Solid Black eyes?

Bert-N-Sheila

DOT COM JUNKIES
I was told that our female leo is a hypo tang, although she has spots on her head and tail and one skinny band near her butt before her tail. I was also told that her eyes being completely black(in light also) is a good thing. I made a post in another thread(kind of threadjacked a little) but I just wanted to hear some more input on this as we are learning. THANKS!

PICS hopefully coming tomorrow.

Last edited:

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Sounds like it may have come from a Eclipse/Raptor cross. There are "Eclipse" geckos which have solid or partially solid eyes. That is where the "Raptor" morph comes from, those are simply the Albino version of the Eclipse` eyes.

Stitch

I would definitely say your female is a hypo with a regenerated tail. Even though she has some black spotting on her back she is still a hypo. Even though we don't know her genetics there is a good possibility she has eclipse eyes. Petco gets a lot of their geckos from Ron Tremper so it wouldn't surprise me that some of them are het for multiple traits and when bred together get a mix of morphs. If they are not truly eclipse then you still have one cool looking gecko.

Bert-N-Sheila

DOT COM JUNKIES
thanks so much! we were thinking of buying this female tonight:

oct_7_06_H2%20_het%20blizzard%2066het%20bell%20albino.jpg

Stitch

How many cages do you have?

I ask this because before you introduce new geckos to the ones you already have they should be quarantined for 60-90 days. Do not put them in the same cage or introduce them to each other. I made this mistake and my whole group got pinworms. It's a lot easier to deal with one being sick as compared to 2 or more needing medicine. It doesn't matter if you are buying from a pet store or a private breeder, there is always a risk. I personally house all of mine separately. It looks like your M & F are housed together and that's fine if you want to do that. Do you know what morph it is? Mack Snow or Pastel? Do you mind me asking how much it would be?

Bert-N-Sheila

DOT COM JUNKIES
we have a twenty long for our current fellas and a 10 for the newcomer. she was $25 as i just setup the arrangement and will be picking her up at 4pm (hes from my pittsburgh area!). about 35grams / hatched july2nd, couldnt tell you morph.

Visit our friends