Jem got the bug

D

Dottie

The third hatchling, Jem, got the same thing his older sibs got at about the same age. Starts with loss of appetite, rubbery legs and fluid build-up in the abdomen. So he got the treatment and within 3 days is back to chowing his mealies. I did not expect him to get it since all the others had been treated and everything cleaned and sterilized while he was still in the incubator. Could it be something in the pearlite I use for the incubating medium? Today is the day he started eating on his own.
But the big news at the gecko ranch - Skipper's clutch-mate, Gilligan, escaped at the beginning of June. He was a little guy - failure to thrive or something (they were housed separately). Last night I found him crawling on the floor under the table all my tanks are on!!!!!! He is very emaciated but after a huge drink of water he has perked up. I would not have expected a gecko of that size to last for more than a couple of weeks. I can't get over it - I never thought he'd be alive after so long. He will need lots of extra care but I am so glad to see him.
The rest of the gang is doing great. Jasper & Dottie are growing like crazy. Dottie is getting quite hand tame. Jasper is now the tweezer pig. I guess I'd better get back to the feeding routine. Just had to share the news.

Visit our friends