Caresheets Please!

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I have a soon to be empty 40 gallon tank, 36x18x18(?)

I was looking into a few herps to fill it. These are some i had in mind, a blue tongued skink, or a uromasyx, or a sandfish.

I have googled and googled these guys and found a lot of conflicting info, at least on the last two mentioned anyway.

Can you guys give me any good caresheets on these awesome herps? Also i am free to other ideas, if you guys can recommend any other great herps for a 40 gal tank please speak your mind. And sadly snakes are out of the picture... mother's orders... :main_no:

gko reptiles

A New Generation
A 40gal is almost too small for a Uromastyx. For a single Uro Lyndsy Pike (top breeder of Ornate Uros, which are smaller than Mali Uros, for many years) recommends at LEAST a 55gal long (2 1/2 feet long) and a 100gal long (3 1/2 feet long) for 2 or 3 uros. You could probably fit a small Uro in it if you wanted to, but I wouldn't recommend it. :)
FYI: I have 2 Uros in a 180gal 6 foot long 2 1/2 foot high tank.

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Yeah this is exactly what i am talking about. There was WAY TOO MUCH conflicting info on these guys!!! Some said a minimum of 40 45 and on others higher, like you suggested.

I was leaning towards a Blue Tongue, and from the few caresheets i found on sandfish i have read you can keep a pair of them in a twenty gallon tank.

Like i said man too much conflicting info LOL, and also as i said before feel free to give me other ideas.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
If I'm not mistaken... don't tegu's get HUGE! ...? I personally LOVE Crested geckos, have you thought about them yet?

brandy101010

gko reptiles said:
If I'm not mistaken... don't tegu's get HUGE! ...? I personally LOVE Crested geckos, have you thought about them yet?

A blue tounge is not a tegu. He was refering to a blue tounge skink.
But yes tegus do get huge! :main_yes:

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
LOL yeah i'mn sorry to confuse you. And yeah Tegus get massive!!

I already have a crested gecko, i have him posted in the rhac forum.

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Yes i have had 3 leos in there and took them out tonight lol. I did say "soon to be empty" lol. Its ok though i think i may just get a Blue Tongue.

Reason why i took them out was because i got a rack for them. Thanks to all that helped tho!!!

K

koenigsegg

There are also a few BTS localities, I personally prefer the northern :) They are great herps, and would do fine in a 40 gallon. Good luck!

Visit our friends