1. Are you a Gecko enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Gecko enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your geckos and enclosures and have a great time with other Gecko enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

Plants

Discussion in 'Gecko Enclosures' started by CrazyLeopardGeckoLady, Sep 2, 2014.

1. CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady Hatchling Gecko

I was looking on amazon for interesting things to put in my leopard gecko and bearded dragons tanks, is this plant ok? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409715138.136569.jpg
  2. acpart

acpart Gecko Grandparent 3 Year Member

Since it's a fake plant, I don't think it matters as long as there's nothing sharp on it.

Aliza
  3. CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Oh it's fake? I thought it was real
  4. acpart

acpart Gecko Grandparent 3 Year Member

In the picture it looked fake but I see it's from Josh's frogs, so maybe they're real. The problem with putting things in a beardie tank is that they are big reptiles and will probably destroy any plant you put in there. The aloe is a succulent, so it will work in a leo tank under the following circumstances:
    --you'll need lighting so the plant won't die
    --Your best bet is to pot the plant and then take it out and water it every week or so.

Aliza
  5. CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Ok thank you I really wanted to mix up their tanks a little Greg only had her rock (she can go inside it) so I thought shed like more toys
  6. Amanda1

Amanda1 Adult Gecko 3 Year Member

Pretty sure that one's fake, nothing wrong with a nice-looking fake plant though. You could put real aloe in there too but succulents need a lot of light.

Connect with other members!