Hello, Im new! HAHA!!

D

docszoo

Hello everyone! I am new here, and was refered to one of Tokays_Unlimiteds friends. Realy nice site I must say!

Anyway, I have been around reptilians all of my life, mostly cause my dad is a vet.

Last year in febuary, I got my first gecko, a Leo!:D Hyper little thing with a love for getting me mad for her hunger stikes! Then, on my birthday, I got a male leo for her to breed with. Throughout those next couple of months, she had gotten so very close to dieing. . . Mostly cause she went on hunger strikes from wanting to have eggs.

Anyway, she is fine now, and kinda healthy. She right now has a fat tail, and two eggies in her belly.

I recently had an egg hatch from her clutches. So now I have sucesfully breed a gecko!!!!!! Im sooo happy!

I also recently got a couple of coleonyx from a private breeder, and they are eating like crazy!!!!!!!!!!:shocked: Had them for two days, and the female has eaten 14 + crickets!!!!!!!!!

Along with these geckos, I have two horned lizards, a bearded dragon, and iguana, a fire belly toad, a whites tree frog, and fire belly newts!:main_laugh: I have many others, but they arent reptilians or amphibians, so I wont mention them!

D

docszoo

Tokays_Unlimited said:
Welcome to the site Andrew..

Your all like "Great, this kid is stalking me. . .":laugh4:

Thanks for the welcome guys!:)

T

Tokays_Unlimited

Just watch out for the old Gecko lady..:main_rolleyes:
lmao!!!!!

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
docszoo said:
I have two horned lizards

As of last night, theres some serious doubt in my mind about that statement... since you wandered into a chat I like to idle in and wanted help with the one horny toad you had left... and were unable or unwilling to provide it with ants... and then threw a fit and took off when one of the moderators asked why you had it in the first place if you were completely unable to provide the appropriate care.

So if you have still got these... er... this... since the number changed... and you seemed incapable of assimilating the very politely worded suggestion that your care was inappropriate... You probably won't have them too much longer. Of course, it takes awhile for most reptiles to actually starve to death, so you may manage to maintain it alive but unhealthy for whole months as it wastes away due to lack of any caloric intake and it's body just gives out without the raw materials needed for cellular repair.

Unless someone was using the exact same login handle with a nearly identical list of animals. Staggering coincidence if that's the way you want to play it.

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
nora said:
/play twilight zone music

seamus has struck again!

I was busy when he wandered in and didn't personally respond but he got very defensive very quickly when approached about the subject in general terms. A discussion about field collection of species that are so detail oriented in their husbandry needs and have a particular microhabitat so ingrained that they just don't make good captives (as a generalization of course) ensued... But he'd already left after insisting that he was unable to obtain ants and refused to let it go, claiming it would die if released (possibly true, he didn't give any details)- called some very patient people a rude name and left the room.

My genuine hope is that if he sees similar responses from multiple sources, he'll be a bit less defensive about it and approach a discussion.

Failing that, I'll just use the tried and true "Beat them up verbally until they feel like crap for what they have done wrong and admit their mistakes" although I'm not sure how much of that would be allowed on these forums- I might have to take to hunting down his contact information and calling his parents. His response will determine mine.

Last edited:
D

docszoo

You guys were very rude man, and didnt let me explain most of the sitch:main_angry: First of all, I asked the fish and game department, and they have approved of me having them, second, he is now doing sooooo much better, NO THANKS TO YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!:main_angry: And YES, I AM TAKING GOOD CARE OF THEM!!!!!!!!:main_angry: If you look at the larger one, he is fat and very happy!!!! Yesterday was very windy, and there were no ants outside, now there are, and he is back to eating!!!!! The other one eats whenever I put food in there.

And all i said were you guys were rude, and left. Stop giving me a bad name!

And my parents were the people who wanted the horned lizards in the first place, so your not going to get me in trouble that way.

Thanks for the welcome everyone else.

D

docszoo

I mean, one of you guys said to put the guy in the frezzer!!!!!!!:main_angry: :main_no: Not nice. . .

robin

welcome to the boards andrew.
seamus don't badger him. what you say in the chat is what you say there but don't bring it into the forums especially the "introduce yourself forum". kelli has the rants and raves forum for those types of posts and will most likely have an unmoderated forum kinda like "the war room" sooner or later

D

docszoo

Thanks robin!!!!:)

What kind of pie is your fav? And Cool avatar!!!!!!!!!:main_laugh:

N

nora

she doesnt like pie.. she luvs cupcakes!!! weeeeeeeeeeeee.

but just a little bit of advice to andrew... sometimes rude people give the best advice.. take what is said for what it's worth and use it to your advantage... this is the internet and to take a couple of comments and making them personal will only make things worse.. shrug off whatever was said and pay attention to the important stuff...

yes seamus is rude, conceited at times, and an all out wienerhead, but he really means well and is looking out for the best interest of the animal. You'll get used to his verbally abusive behavior. At times he can be all out harsh, but out of all the "rude" people in the world, I have seen worse than him.......and no Wes I'm not talking about you either... :p

Visit our friends