How many is too many?

M

MariesMiniZoo

Hello everyone!
I am new here just signed up about a month ago. I have a about 5 month old leo that could eat the side of a cow if I let him. I have searched around and it seems must sites say to feed as many crickets as the gecko will eat without the crickets "living" in the tank. If I go by this rule he is eating about 15 tiny crickets a day. I was also told to give him/her a treat of a few meal worms once a week.

So kids how much is too much? I want to keep him happy and healthy but don't wanna make him into a fatty either :D

BalloonzForU

15 tiny crickets? That's it? LOL No go ahead and feed all he/she wants. Just watch when she cobbles them up she doesn't do it too fast and then regurge it up. They usually learn not to do that pretty fast.

M

MariesMiniZoo

Well they are not real tiny :D About 1/2 inches I would say. Thanks for your reply. Should he or she be getting more meal worms then 3 a week? I heard they where high in fat.

BalloonzForU

You've got the meal worms and wax worms mixed up. Wax worms are the ones high in fat and should only be given as a treat. Meal worms can even be used as a staple food.

Visit our friends