albino stripes/reverse stripes

boutiquegecko

How are you guys getting the stripes into the albino? I guess like Jeremy has that photo of the rwrs and none yet with the bells right? Do you breed stripe to albino, get het then breed the hets together or back to albino? They just seem hard to get right.

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
boutiquegecko said:
How are you guys getting the stripes into the albino? I guess like Jeremy has that photo of the rwrs and none yet with the bells right? Do you breed stripe to albino, get het then breed the hets together or back to albino? They just seem hard to get right.
They have been bred into all 3 lines

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
These are Tremper reverse stripes:

revstripe1_small.JPG
Group%208%20reverse2_small.JPG

R

RoseT

ok to get kelli out of the gecko room we will need a 7 foot long rope, a rubber ducky, a spoon, a picture of robin, and a book called "How to get kelli out of the gecko room and still make it out alive". It will take about 5 hours so i need some help! 5 people will do! lol:main_laugh:

robin

as far as i know no revrse stripe rainwaters but jeremy had one close but not quite. as far as reverse stripe bells i am not sure.

C

chad e

i'm curious about how much headway has been gained in proving certain lines of stripe to be recessive genes. or has it pretty much been decided that all stripes are polygenic traits?

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
chad e said:
i'm curious about how much headway has been gained in proving certain lines of stripe to be recessive genes. or has it pretty much been decided that all stripes are polygenic traits?

Kellis says her Stripes and Jungles are recessive, I beleive Robins are too :main_thumbsup:

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Hehe, OK Stripes act recessive. But when I bred APTOR to Red Stripe ('proven recessive stripes') I hatched Stripes and Jungles. Not banded hets...so that proved that. Earlier, when I bred Stripe to Reverse Stripe, all patterns were created including 'patternless'. This proves to be the same genes as APTOR- "Patternless" BTW

So far everyones breedings (I have been watching) have proven Stripes, Jungles, Reverse Stripes, and "Patternless, to all work together. I believe the "Eclipse" is just the next step, once you have Reverse Stripes and "Patternless". Perhaps Jeremy or Dan will hatch the Rainwater version this or next season? Woohoo!:main_thumbsup:

I think they are polygenic traits, though they act recessive, after years of selectively breeding them. Maybe that makes it an incomplete recessive? Or a co-dominant/recessive relationship? There is alot more going on than one single gene for each, though.

T

TheHiddenGecko

Sometimes when a polygenic trait is selective bred so much, it acts as a recessive because the pattern was repeated so much through selective breeding that the trait just kind of "stuck". I think outbreeding would help "unstick" it so to speak. I just read the first sentence again and wow was that confusing! I'm having a little trouble wording this so maybe someone can help reword what I'm trying to say?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Maybe I'm missing something, but if a stripe bred to a non-stripe can produce a stripe, how can it be recessive? I am breeding stripe to banded tremper albino and have gotten 5/11 stripes so far (waiting on #12 tonight, with at least 6 more to go).

ALiza

T

TheHiddenGecko

If it is recessive, could the banded albino be het for stripe? I have two banded giants and hatched out a very cool jungle albino. I'm still not sure what was up with that.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
acpart said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but if a stripe bred to a non-stripe can produce a stripe, how can it be recessive? I am breeding stripe to banded tremper albino and have gotten 5/11 stripes so far (waiting on #12 tonight, with at least 6 more to go).

ALiza

Your Baned is probably het for Stripe :main_thumbsup:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I guess it's possible. I got him (the albino) from Stormgecko (Jackie) about 2 years ago and didn't know enough to ask then. By the way, the 12th hatchling from this pairing showed up to make it 50/50 stripes and banded,with 5 of the last 6 being striped.

Aliza

S

snmreptiles

Anyone think that stripes/jungle maybe a Co dom?! I think that maybe the stripes with a fully striped tail could be the "Super" form. I have yet to get a banded baby this year from a few different groups of stripes. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever gotten a banded baby from even a single striped parent in the last 5 years!! Now the reverse stripe thing I haven't got a clue on because I haven't ever worked with that pattern mutation!

Mike
www.snmreptiles.com

Visit our friends