update of update, what a cutie

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
Here we are, these were taken 30 minutes ago.

EDIT: Paul told me shows a dorsal stripe. I don't think so. Any opinions?

Last edited:

Ian S.

She looks to be in fairly good shape. Beautiful color! I don't see any dorsal stripping though. I'd get a bit more weight on her IMO. Is she coming off of a breeding season??

The NY Gecko

Thanks guys, I've started trying new foods so far, shes grown bored of mealies and crickets. I bought superworms yesterday and half of them are gone already, she really likes them. I might order some silkies. I've been throwing the food at her, right now shes 65g, almost all body, but her tails getting there. No Ian, she didn't just come out of breeding lol.

robin

yshe looks very pretty but i agree with everyone else she needs to get some weight on her

R

rrhill

Not to pick on you or anything Tom, but are you sure she's coming in at 65g? I have males that appear much larger than her that aren't at 65g. If you want to fatten her up, try roaches, silkies and waxworms. Those will put some weight on her. She is a nice looking girl.

The NY Gecko

Yep, shes 65. If its cause shes in my hand well, I have massive hands and it sucks. Why? Because fitting them into small places when i drop things is damn near impossible. I'm going to buy some waxies this week, maybe a pinkie for her too. If things go my way, for once in my life, I'll be breeding her in the fall of this year.

Ian S.

What kind of scale are you using and does it run on battery? It may be time for a change if so.
This male only clocks in at 54g.
P7020054.jpg

P7020053.jpg

Last edited:

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I just posted this photo a few days ago. She's 8.25 inches and weighs 68g.

photo_juice.jpg

I'm with Ian, what scale are you using.

robin

The NY Gecko said:
Yep, shes 65. If its cause shes in my hand well, I have massive hands and it sucks. Why? Because fitting them into small places when i drop things is damn near impossible. I'm going to buy some waxies this week, maybe a pinkie for her too. If things go my way, for once in my life, I'll be breeding her in the fall of this year.

ok not just the hand shot but in several shots she looks thin and not even close to the 65 gram mark just my .02

robin

o0 Ryan 0o said:
I just posted this photo a few days ago. She's 8.25 inches and weighs 68g.

photo_juice.jpg

I'm with Ian, what scale are you using.
ok thats what i am talking about. that looks like a 65 - 70 gramer

N

NewportGeckos

Here's a gecko thats a little over 7.5 inches, and weighing in at 57 grams. She's by no means thick, but isn't eating at the moment and is not yet fully grown. She also happens to be in shed so she may look kinda ugly ;) I'm assuming your scale may be a little off, I know mine adds a few grams when the bats are low.

The NY Gecko

I used my friends so I don't know about the battery. If thats the case then at low shes what? 60? She really is fat, her body isnt skinny by any means.

Val

If I had to guess..and I'm not that great at it, I'd say she's somewhere in the low 40s.

Last edited:

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
It may be the scale, i mean i just had a female come off a breeding season that would not eat until after her third clutch and she looked to be that size if not a little smaller. Her weight was 41.7 after her last clutch.

Needless to say she probably wont breed next year. And i am happy to say her appetite is back in full!

All i can say is get a second scale's opinion.

Visit our friends