Pals

L

LadyGecko

Spike is a rescue Iggy that a friend gave me as a small sickly baby about 6 years ago
Her son had purchased him and then quickly lost interest
Although i love Spike dearly-
I would never get another Iggy and I really hate the low prices and easy availability of them
So many of them die and/or get dumped

Spike has free run of the house and as you can see he has no problem getting along and sleeping with any of the cats
The dogs on the other hand are still not quite sure what to make of him but they never bother him-just give him a wide berth when he walks through the house

Spike

spike2047bi.jpg

spike2028nb.jpg

:main_laugh:
LOL
and friend

spikeandfluffy37ld.jpg

spikeandfluffy1ok2sm.jpg

Sandy

brandy101010

I love Iggies! I have two that were also rescues. I had five at one time (all were rescues) I placed 3 in good homes. It really is sad how they are seen as "throw away pets"

L

LadyGecko

Thanks guys
It really amazes me as to how smart that he is

brandy101010

My iguanas also do not mind the cats and dogs at all. I think one thinks she is a dog. I have caught her in the dog food dish :main_no:
Now I make sure i take it up when she is out.

Arconna

Well to add to the sleue of bad luck for Iggy's, I had one about 5 or 6 years ago that I originally didn't take care of very well due to some severe ignorance on my part (I was one of those kids who bought one thinking they were so cool, and the pet store never did mention that they got super super big or aggressive). When I moved to Cali and started taking better care I spent months and months getting him to a point where I could bring him out and he would just sit there on my knee taking in the sun. Took a long long long long time to get him tame enough like a dog.
Then, month later after all the work and learning and changing and getting him to be a loveable little iggy, my mom gave him away to some kid. That was the end of it. I didn't even get a say. She'd made the arrangements before even telling me that it was happening. Then the day of she tells me, and my iggy was gone.
So, needless to say I was severely pissed. I had just bonded with my iggy, literally grown a great relationship, he'd eat from my hands, sit there and be sweet, etc. Just angered me so much...
But in the future I probably won't get an Iggy simply because I know now that they get big. I might one day get one, like one of those blue ones or something, but I'll stick with smaller lizards for now :p.
I too am surprised at the amount of iggy's that are found in rescues or so badly mistreated that they are near death. It's sickening really. My iggy was never that bad, not once. Granted I didn't take the greatest care of him for a while, but he was never burnt or had broken limbs, severe calcium deficiency, or whatever. It's just really sad and disheartening how people treat these animals...

L

LadyGecko

I am so sorry to read that after you finally got him to tame down and bond with him that your mother gave him away
That hardly seems fair if you were the one responsible for his care but I guess that she had her reasons-whatever they were
Still- i don't think it's right that you weren't even informed nor consulted
Sandy

Arconna

Yeah, it really was not a fun moment. I miss that iggy...

By the way...the picture with your iggy sleeping next to the cat (who is also sleeping) is absolutely adhorable. I wish my printer could print that out cause my cat loving friend would just get a kick out of it.

W

Welsh

LadyGecko said:

Sandy; is it possible for me to get a larger size of this image? Like the original size? I really want to put that image as my desktop, for it is amazing.

L

LadyGecko

Hi Brendan
Sure I can
I sent you a PM

thanks so much for the compliment
:D
Sandy

L

LadyGecko

I got your email and I just sent you the pic resized larger
I hope that you enjoy it
Sandy

W

Welsh

LadyGecko said:
I got your email and I just sent you the pic resized larger
I hope that you enjoy it
Sandy

Hey, did you send it to [email protected]? If so I didn't get it, nor did I get your PM.

It's okay though, I can wait!

<3 Welshy

Haha.

L

LadyGecko

Yes- I did send it to that address and I just resent it
I hope that you get it this time
:D
Sandy

Visit our friends