calcium & D3

marula

...i have my 4 babies (aroun 2 months) in separate cages. i don't use for them UVB light. my reptil room have a right temperature for them.
i give them for 2 days baby food with t-rex crested gecko diet and the third day a cricket with calcium and D3...do you think they need a UVB lamp for assimilate better the calcium?
do you think is a right kind of care for them?
and what do you prefer, t-rex or clark's diet? why?
...they look healty, but they don't eat too mutch...

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
You don't mention the species, so I'll assume you mean your 4 cresteds.
The food supply sounds good, and being nocturnal they don't need a UVB lamp. The only time I'll add more calcium is breeding females. I've never had a problem with calcium on a similiar schedule. You could even probably pull out the baby food, as I found they'll eat the CGD without the baby food without problems.

I've never user clarks (I've always used t-rex stuff), so I can't help out there.

marula

yes, they are crested :D sorry...i forgot to mention about this ;-)
..for breeding female what i will need to do with calcium? i give them a little calcium dish available in the tank or in another way?
thanks for your advices :lol:

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
marula said:
yes, they are crested :D sorry...i forgot to mention about this ;-)
..for breeding female what i will need to do with calcium? i give them a little calcium dish available in the tank or in another way?
thanks for your advices :lol:

For my breeding females I've mixed it in with the CGD, but you could leave a little calcium (probably without D3 to prevent them from overdosing) in the cage instead.

Visit our friends