MY INCUBATOR DESIGN

T

THEWIZARD

THIS IS MY INCUBATOR DESIGN DONE USING GOOGLE SKETCHUP PLEASE GIVE OPINIONS ON THE DESIGN THANK Q
]
INCUBATOR4.jpg

INCUBATOR3.jpg

INCUBATOR2.jpg

INCUBATOR1.jpg

eyelids

Bells Rule!
BalloonzForU said:
That looks great. The fan looks like a CPU fan same found in the Nature Spirit incubator, I don't see a problem with that.

Oh really? My bad. I was thinking of the turbofan hovabator and how it gets so hot. :eek:

T

THEWIZARD

i will be using a 12volt pc cooler fan to circulate the air within the incubator so the air is a constant temp and not hotter at the top or bottom, also the other end facing the fan inside i have put an angled piece of perspex to act as a bouncer to reflect the fanned air at a angle so it better circulates just an idea. it has a plastic window for viewing on top, a shelf made from 2 pieces of light wood or plastic to house the container that the eggs are in above the heatmat which will be connected to a thermostat and moniterd by a digital themometer/hygrometer with sensor placed in the egg chamber, the fan which will be used to circulate air will have a speed control unit also to change how quickly or slowly the air within the incubator will move around.

any more ideas would be apprecieated thanks for your comments.

T

THEWIZARD

planning on making different sizes, 3 in all the biggist with 3 internal shelfs for 3 egg containers i.e. snake and gecko etc. just trying to find a supplier who has big polystyrene boxes which i can modify then ill work out costs and see how much i can make them for and sell ill post the completed incubator when i have all the equitment and finished the final prototype which i will test constantly for temp variences

J

justin-branam

So is the fan inside the incobator and just thereto move air, or does it pull air from outside into the incubator? i think if its inside, it is a good idea. If it pulls air in though, your heater will need to be on a lot more, and the humidity insde would be harder to keep up. Great design though. i want to see a finished product.

Check out some local aquarium stores for styro boxes. they ussually throw them away and will most likely have many different sizes.

T

THEWIZARD

yeah i think the fan would be better inside as it would be drawing colder air from the outside which i dont want have to re-think that bit might put the fan on a stand facing at an angle into the box from a corner inside to circulate the warm air that is already present but control the fan with a speedo so its not running too fast as to cool everything glad you like the design

Visit our friends