1. Are you a Gecko enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Gecko enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your geckos and enclosures and have a great time with other Gecko enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sexing my Leopard Gecko?

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos - Eublepharis' started by Gecoo, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Gecoo

Gecoo Gecko Egg

Hello all, I've had my Leopard Gecko, Fred, for years. When we got them, the clerk at the pet store didn't know it's gender, though I assume that's because it was fairly young when we got them.

I was wondering if anyone could help sex my Leopard Gecko? If better pictures are needed, I will provide them. Thank you! IMG_20190422_151537383.jpg IMG_20190423_165733962.jpg
  2. acpart

acpart Gecko Grandparent 3 Year Member

Female. Try to get the shed off the toes (if you haven't done so already) by soaking the gecko for a minute or so in about 1/2" of warm water and pulling the shed off with your fingernails.

Aliza
  3. Gecoo

Gecoo Gecko Egg

Thank you so much! And yeah, Ive been doing soaks and trying to help the shed off gently with q-tips. Thank you!
  4. acpart

acpart Gecko Grandparent 3 Year Member

At this point q-tips are probably not going to do it. Fingernails work great. If you gently put the fold of your shirt tail over the gecko's head, it thinks it's hiding and it's easier to deal with the toes.

Aliza