• Are you a Gecko enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Gecko enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your geckos and enclosures and have a great time with other Gecko enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sexing my Leopard Gecko?

Gecoo

Gecko Egg
Hello all, I've had my Leopard Gecko, Fred, for years. When we got them, the clerk at the pet store didn't know it's gender, though I assume that's because it was fairly young when we got them.

I was wondering if anyone could help sex my Leopard Gecko? If better pictures are needed, I will provide them. Thank you!
IMG_20190422_151537383.jpg
IMG_20190423_165733962.jpg

acpart

Gecko Grandparent
3 Year Member
Female. Try to get the shed off the toes (if you haven't done so already) by soaking the gecko for a minute or so in about 1/2" of warm water and pulling the shed off with your fingernails.

Aliza

Gecoo

Gecko Egg
Thank you so much! And yeah, Ive been doing soaks and trying to help the shed off gently with q-tips. Thank you!

acpart

Gecko Grandparent
3 Year Member
At this point q-tips are probably not going to do it. Fingernails work great. If you gently put the fold of your shirt tail over the gecko's head, it thinks it's hiding and it's easier to deal with the toes.

Aliza