But its a good smell

G

GeckoAZ

Does anyone have any tips for keeping the Gecko Smell down. I clean my chages every day...they are in a rack system. I don't smell it but my wife does. I even have an air purifier in the room and the ceiling fan going. I am at a loss. Hope you can help.

H

herplover92

GeckoAZ said:
Does anyone have any tips for keeping the Gecko Smell down. I clean my chages every day...they are in a rack system. I don't smell it but my wife does. I even have an air purifier in the room and the ceiling fan going. I am at a loss. Hope you can help.
My mom says the same thing, i dont smell them but she does! Its just a way of them make us feel some kind of guilt or responsability. I dont know what it is, they just dont want the geckos!

BalloonzForU

herplover92 said:
My mom says the same thing, i dont smell them but she does! Its just a way of them make us feel some kind of guilt or responsability. I dont know what it is, they just dont want the geckos!

I agree, hubby is the only person in the house or that visits that says there is a smell.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
I never smell anything either. Mainly the snakes skink cause they all poo at once lmao. God thats terrible to come home too. Can't wait until they can have a stinky room to themselves!

B

Brian O

Ever couple of months you need to scrub the entire cage with an antibacterial soap. Otherwise you can get that heavy reptile smell. Bigapple herps has a some an air purifier that collects the odor in a small bag.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
I can't tell a smell either, hubby swears he can but he doesn't like the reptiles so I ignore him. Ive never had friends or family say they smell anything either.

I do a spot clean daily for poop then every couple of weeks run them through the dishwasher or hand wash them.

G

GeckoAZ

Thanks all. I do most of what has been mentioned, but Brian I will look into the Bigapple.

O

Okcgexgirl

just thought id toss in my 2 cents worth, some people have mild allergies to crickets and roaches and the smell is agitating to them and they seem to be more sensitive to the smell even if they don't puff up if one gets on them.

nwheat

My husband can't walk passed the gecko room without making a comment. Occasionally I can smell something - the crickets - but usually I have no idea what he's talking about. I'm going to have to move the crickets to the garage, I guess.

Fresh air helps. My gecko room is very small & I do notice a slight smell when I open up the door in the morning. But there is no smell if the air is allowed to circulate.

Visit our friends