Swollen Eye

LeosForLess

I recently got a gecko from Petco(im in a hurry so ill tell the story later) and i just realized it has a slightly swollen eye. Its 2 stories away from the rest of my geckos on quarntine, what can i do to help the lil girl? Thanks, Paul

R

Russ S

i can only suggest that you take it to a vet ASAP to determine why the eye is swollen

S

Sarah H

I has one female get a swollen eye from trying to rub some stuck shed off once(I found a small peice on her eyelid). I did end up at the vet when the swelling didn't go down the next day, and he gave my an ophthalmic oitment to put in and around it. It cleared in a few days and never happened again.
It is perscription only and there is a posibility it could be something more serious so you should see the vet asap.

LeosForLess

Its almost invisible now, she pretty much shed it off. She will be going to the vet if she flares up again, but i just dont want to take her to the vet, shes only about 5-8 grams(shes on quarntine i dont want her near my scale) so i dont wanna take her to the vet at that age. And the fact that she could have somthing like crypto and a vet visit would be pointless. I will take her in for a fecal(i need an acid test too to test for crypto right?) si=oon as shes off quarntine. Thanks for all the help, Paul

Visit our friends