Deleting ads in The New Classifieds section

KelliH

You should be able to click on Edit, then delete the post. I just tried it with one of mine and it worked. Basically, users can delete their own posts but not entire threads.

KelliH

OK, I just changed permissions for registered users and they can delete threads now as well. I hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the butt.

KelliH

Ok, I know what the deal is, there is a time limit on editing/deleting posts boardwide. I guess for now rather than deleting classifieds just make a post in the thread and say the animal or item is now sold.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Me either, but I would really like to be able to delete them, especially when I changed my mind and don't want to sell one of them after all :)

KelliH

Jeanne-

We don't allow post deletion in the classifieds, basically if we allow it in that section we have to allow it in all the other forums as well. I would prefer if you just edit the title of the ad and type "SOLD". If you still want me to delete it completely, just send me a pm with the link to the ad and I can do that for you. Thanks! :)

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
KelliH said:
Jeanne-

We don't allow post deletion in the classifieds, basically if we allow it in that section we have to allow it in all the other forums as well. I would prefer if you just edit the title of the ad and type "SOLD". If you still want me to delete it completely, just send me a pm with the link to the ad and I can do that for you. Thanks! :)

Editing the title to "Sold" would work great, but I can only edit ad titles in some of them, weird, I know. I just tried, I can edit the title in my "Female Patternless" ad, but no the Mack Snow ad.

I will send you a PM for the ad I want deleted.

Sorry for being a pain :(

BalloonzForU

Jeanne said:
Editing the title to "Sold" would work great, but I can only edit ad titles in some of them, weird, I know. I just tried, I can edit the title in my "Female Patternless" ad, but no the Mack Snow ad.

I will send you a PM for the ad I want deleted.

Sorry for being a pain :(

I believe there is a time limit set on editing, that's why some you can edit and some you can not.

R

Russ S

Jeanne,

I would also be happy to help you out if you need an ad deleted.
Just shoot me a PM.

Russ

Visit our friends