ohh,i hate people that even think of doing this

C

chamillionair

Thief nabs rare birds, gecko, other animals during break in

DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) -- Authorities are investigating the theft of several animals from a Bettendorf pet store.

The theft -- which included several baby birds, reptiles and a spider -- has employees of Teske Pet and Garden Center worried for the creatures well-being.

Store manager Julie Murphy says the thief climbed the store's back fence, broke the glass on the back door before making off with more than $4,000 in animals.

"They took four baby birds," she said. "One was an umbrella cockatoo worth about $1,600 that already had been bought. One was an African gray Timneh and two were sun conures."

The burglar also took two Russian tortoises, a leopard gecko, several bearded dragons, and a rose-hair tarantula, she said.

Murphy says she's concerned in particular for the birds because they were young and were not weaned, so they have to be hand-fed to survive.

"They require a hand-feeding of formula through a syringe," Murphy said. "It has to be a certain temperature and you have to be careful not to push it down the wrong side of the throat and drown them."

The reptiles also require special diets, she said.

now that shows you how cruel some people can be aniamals,and we all kno he is just going to sell them for his own profit,that is just wrong,i was looking for good new when i was searching leopard gecko in the google new,since i dont read the news paper

Z

ZachXBass

That's horrible all around, but what is even worse is i bet the guy/girl just threw all the animals in one bag or box or something... I doubt if they can sell most of them before they die.... hopefully for the animals the thief did their research first.

david13

that is horrible, like ZachXBass said, i bet they are all in the same container. The leos probably got their tail and got injusred and some of the animals probably got crushed :(

Visit our friends