Paradox Snow...Anyone else?

S

snmreptiles

I can't get a good pic of the colors on this guy to save my life. He is actually a bit darker than it shows. Glad to see that I got a normal mack in with it. This guy was WEIRD from the beginning, and only keeps getting weirder! We produced 5 or 6 albino macks this year, and none look even close to this one!!

DSC06542.jpg

Mike
www.snmreptiles.com

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
The albino is just darker? Looks like may be from low incubation temps, Or it was "cooled" some? Some Tremper Albinos will do that. I have one or 2 Mack/Trempers that were darker than the others, but not much difference.

The first Snow you posted is very interesting!

S

snmreptiles

I can't get a good pic of the colors. It is EXTREMELY dark. It was incubated at the same temps the other 150 leo's were, we produce plenty of Tremper Albinos, and have been for about 5 years now, but there is something different about this one. It also hasn't been cooled in any way. It's still in the hatchling rack. If you have some that look like this I would love to see some pics. Sorry I have to cut this short we're in UT for the Wasatch Reptile Expo!!

Mike
www.snmreptiles.com

C

chad ramsey

hey mike that paradox snow is pretty crazy i like the mack albino as well, tell shelley hi for me and cameron

S

snmreptiles

Hey guys, I just realized Shelley "Organized" all of the pics in our album, and killed every link we have ever had!! :eek: I'll try and get the pics from this thread all in here...

Paradox Snow after hatching
paradoxsnow.jpg

DSC06514.jpg

Around 6 weeks or so
DSC06557.jpg

DSC06549.jpg

The "Weird" albino
DSC06542.jpg

Mike
www.snmreptiles.com

Stitch

Did any one notice how much shorter the tail is on that lighter albino? Could it be genetics or some thing as fluky as a temp spike.

O

okapi

Nice! I think a mack snow that is white with black spots that have a yellow outline would be pretty cool. I wonder how growth will change this ones colors?

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
oh, wow that is pretty crazy, and sweet. sorry, i didnt look through the entire thread and only at the original post.

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
My paradox codom

Here is a pic of a SHcodomhet bell hatched 3 months ago. She has that oramnge spot on her back. I dont think these marks are anything more then birth marks. It kinda goes back to a thread that was in this section about "red dots" on a leo. Neat markings but doesnt prove to be genetic. Enjoy

Last edited:

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
i would have to agree with you on the birth mark thing..... most other reptiles that are labeled "snows" do not have any black at all. and then when they show up with a black spot here or there, then they are called paradox snow. such as a paradox albino. that is again, with most other reptiles. as far as im concerned, and im sure you will agree with me pat, i think you even said this as well, but with leos, we have just only cracked the surface. if the paridox that this thread is talking about is the orange, then (you know me pat, im not trying to act like a know it all with the leos, especially the snows) i would have to wonder if it has something to do with the co-dom snow mixing with the dominate normal gene.

ps. i havent read the other post about the orange spots, but i think i will. i did also have a thread about the snows being incompleat dominate trait with reptilian gems.

Gregg M

Registered Member
That albino seems to have a very short tail in relation to the body length... The coloration of it seem to be due to lower temps...
As far as the "paradox" snow goes, it is very nice but I am not sure if it qualifies as a true paradox on a genetic level....

Anyway, nice leos....

Visit our friends