Feeder concerns

hdavidf309

Friendly herp enthusiast
PLEASE READ! Last night, I wanted to try feeding all of my Rhacodactylus some dubia roaches. I have been really fed up with crickets lately (I'll get to that later), and so I wanted to try something different. I dont believe that they like them because they won't eat them and actually turn away after a few "licks". I'll keep some in there to try and see if they get eaten at all. On to the crickets! The thing with cricket is that as we all know the smell is bad, bulk crickets take up room for sure (!), and worse of all in my experience- the death rate is OUTRAGEOUS! I had just bought 500 crickets and when I looked to day, probably 450 of them DEAD! Not cool. A couple questions:

1. Better alternative to cricket I can try?
2. If I buy small amounts of crickets all of the time, then I might be able to save $$ (concidering), eliminate the smell...at least for the most part, and make lots more room in my already small herp room. Is this what it comes down to???? I mean, I even tried feeding my Chahoua dubias. He ate 1/2 of one, then spit the rest out...then no interest whatsoever...and he eats EVERYTHING! Haha. Oppinions and advice PLEASE!

Holly12

Okay I did not know that you have posted somewhear eles so sencse I did not see that post I will say somethings here. The reason why you have the smell of crickets because you are not keeping the cage you have them in clean. You have to clean that offten and maybe if you by a small amount of the crickets then you will not have to deal with them all dyeing. By the way what are you feeding the crickets? They have to be gut loaded with healthy foods.

Visit our friends