1. Are you a Gecko enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Gecko enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your geckos and enclosures and have a great time with other Gecko enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to GeckoTalk.com!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Josh, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Josh

Josh Administrator Staff Member 3 Year Member

Thank you all for joining GeckoTalk. I'm going to be doing a bit more to encourage others to join us here. There are so many geckos out there that need our help.
    brunerbags likes this.
  2. Marcos Hutasangkas

Marcos Hutasangkas Gecko Egg

Hello all

I currently have 3 cresties and they're all happily in their recently cleaned tank. :)
  3. acpart

acpart Gecko Grandparent 3 Year Member

Welcome! Are they all female?

Aliza
  4. K.Ray

K.Ray Gecko Egg

Hey! My name is Kimmie and I have adopted an adult leopard gecko. I've been doing lots of research on them so I do everything properly even tho the lady I got her from didn't really care for her. I got her for my nephew (7) because he had done so good handling her. It started out great but then he lost interest and wasn't taking the best care of her. So I took her back. I'm still learning about her and her own preferences but still have tons of questions. I wanna thank evdryo e for their input ahead of time. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  5. Lindsay41

Lindsay41 Gecko Egg

Hi! I’m Lindsay and have adopted Gizmo who was hatched in September. Complete novice so may ask the most stupid questions but I’ve had him/her for 3 months and he seems to be growing ok and seems happy. I have lots of animals (all adopted) but never owned a crestie before. I have bought him the big exo terra tank. My first stupid question is how to crickets keep escaping into my house!?

The local reptile shop told me to give him 6 crickets a day but it seems from what I’ve read they’re only supposed to have them as a treat a couple of times a week! He must be eating the mix stuff I give him but it never looks like it!

He is such a cutie and likes being handled. Thanks for letting me join and I’ll go read some more stuff that will convince me I’m doing it all wrong! Lol
  6. acpart

acpart Gecko Grandparent 3 Year Member

Welcome. You're doing fine. It often doesn't look as if they are eating the puree, but all my geckos are growing. I feed crickets twice a week. On the other hand, I know a very successful breeder who says he feeds only crickets until they are 6 months old, so there is room for variation. I don't know what size crickets you're feeding. If you're feeding very small ones, there are small spaces around the exo-terra doors and the crickets may get out. Otherwise, they may be somehow getting out of wherever you're keeping them. My house always sounds like a campground (3000 crickets every 2 weeks) and there is always someone hopping across the living room.

Aliza
  7. Zach Simms

Zach Simms Gecko Egg

Hello everybody I'm Zach! I am the proud new owner of two new crested geckos. One is a female and I believe the other one is a male. I love the little creatures so much!