What's going on?

Ok I have had one of my female leos for about 2 years now.When we had her on sand I would watch her get sand in her mouth when we fed her becuase the food would get sand on it.Then when she pooed then we just saw the sand in the stool.Is she just digesting it?The sand isnt thick at all it is like dust.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
What type of sand is it? If she's getting sand in her mouth, and you see it in her stools, I would highly suggest feeding her in another tub to avoid that.

I can't really remeber it was repti sand I think.But I mean she is not puking or anything she's just acting as healthy and normal as can be.Fat tail and all.She doenst have a blue stomach or anything

Arconna

I'd recommend getting her off the sand and putting her on something that she can't eat. She could end up getting impacted, which often times leads to death. Get some astroturf or some people use tile. Just use something that she can't eat when she feeds.

K

koenigsegg

I do not reccomend astroturf as it harbors bacteria, I would reccomend changing to butcher paper, paper towels, or unadhesive shelf liner...or non adhesive? I can't remember...lol...but that is my personal favorite, easily cleaned, long-lasting, and very nice looking, or of course feeding in a seperate container as previously stated...

Visit our friends