I still like Line Bred Snow’s the best.

Albey

Recently I have been taking pictures of my Line Bred Snow’s so I can update my available page with this years offerings. I have come to the conclusion that even though the Mack Super Snow’s are almost always pure white and black in color in my opinion they do not compare to a really nice A or A+ grade Line Bred Snow. The contrast of the white to black and the spotting seems to make each one unique. The Mack Super Snow’s with their uniform striping and pattern just seem to lack the character of the Line Bred. Some of the customers that have bought both from me also agree so I am not alone in this decision. Don’t get me wrong, I really like The Mack’s but the Line Bred were my first love. Here are pictures of some really nice ones. I would post more of them but there is a five-picture maximum. LOL

snlg05_1.jpg

snlg05_2.jpg

snlg05_14.jpg

snlg05_20.jpg

snlg05_26.jpg

After you have had a chance to check them out I would love to hear other peoples opinions. It doesn’t mean I will agree with you (you know what the say about opinions), but I would like to hear them any way. LOL

PS I have hatched out literally over 300 Line Bred Snow’s and have never hatched out a Super Snow. If the A1 line of Snow’s can produce the Mack Super Snow there has to be some hidden gene in the Mack’s they are bred to that bring it out in them. Just My Opinion!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Albey,

I agree with you, I like a A+ Grade Line Bred Snow better than a Super Snow. Those you posted above are just incredible! If only they were Co-Dom or Recessive, they would be #1!

C

Cryptly

The line bred Macks are nice, but I prefer the more pastel looking ones (Supers? I must admit to getting a bit confused with the Mack morphs. . .).

Wizardlizards

Fozzy Bear
I too prefer the line bred snows. I think that due to each snows pattern that they are unique. Most Supers look the same to me, while the line bred are indeed like snowflakes....:main_thumbsup:

S

shrap

Yes I like the coloring and patterns of the A grade line breads the best.
I have two A line Breads and a B+. Just been waiting on the right male to breed them with.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
ExcessiveHerps said:
Very nice how odd that your line bred to each other can't make SS but one bred to mack snow can produce a SS.

Xavier, the one that was bred to the Mack to make a SS was a Mack Snow. There are Line Bred Snows, and there are Mack Snows. Somehow a Mack Snow must have gotten into Shellys collection.

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
Jeanne said:
Xavier, the one that was bred to the Mack to make a SS was a Mack Snow. There are Line Bred Snows, and there are Mack Snows. Somehow a Mack Snow must have gotten into Shellys collection.
And what about the SS kelli is producing from her SS x Line bred snows?

robin

i perfer the looks of the line bred snows over the "macks"
now jeanne xavier is indeed right kelli bred a SS mack male to cody's albey line bred snows and produced a SS.
but i like the looks of the ones like cody has (well they are at kelli's house but you get the idea)

Pro Geckos

professionalreptiles.com
robin said:
but i like the looks of the ones like cody has (well they are at kelli's house but you get the idea)
No, no, no Robin! I can just see you over at Kelli’s chomping at the bit ready to throw one in you pocket and run! LOL.

I like the line breds too. Their different sized spots with a white/yellow tint body really caught my eye. I do like the solid black eye of the SS though.

As always great looking geckos Albey!

Albey

Jeanne said:
Albey,

I agree with you, I like a A+ Grade Line Bred Snow better than a Super Snow. Those you posted above are just incredible! If only they were Co-Dom or Recessive, they would be #1!

Hi Jeanne,
I am afraid I am going to disagree with you on the Recessive or Co-Dom thing. I like the fact that they are selective bred. It keeps the price stable. If they were Recessive or Co-Dom the price would be $50.00 for a hatchling. :D

Albey

ExcessiveHerps said:
Very nice how odd that your line bred to each other can't make SS but one bred to mack snow can produce a SS.

Yes, Kelli is breeding 3 of my line bred snows to a super snow male. One is from Albey and the other two are from Shelly at Lizard Lair. Both have hatched super snows. I know Shelly has some from Albey and some of his came from A1. So most of our snows originated from A1. Now I’m not sure why a super snow hasn’t been produced from two ‘line’ bred snows. It only seems to happen when breeding a super to a line bred. Hopefully we’ll find out because this wracks my brain every time I think about it.

Cody Castellanos

I will try to give my opinion on the above quotes.

I think the Mack Snow’s have some kind of hidden gene that unlocks the trait in the line Bred Snows to create Super Snow’s. In ball Pythons there are quite few different morphs that when combined with other morphs create some really wild stuff. One in particular is called a Yellow Belly. It is not much better looking than a normal but when combined with some Ball’s it creates great looking pattern and color mutations. I think the Mack's have that same kind of unlocking gene. :main_thumbsup:

bro paul

brightalbino.com
Time will tell for sure. The Gem Snows that I (and others) have been working with also produced similar results when crossed with the Mack Snows...a SS baby. The chances are that they (the Gems) are indeed Macks, but again, it's strange that a "super form" didn't appear until they were crossed with the Macks. I'm still waiting on more eggs to hatch from Gem x Gem (which now appear the be Mack x Mack! lol) breedings, but so far, no SS. I would love to hatch a SS soon just to make some sense of all this in my head. Of course, the Gems/Macks do act the same as far as the whole co-dominance thing goes...unlike the line bred snows, right? So, it easier for me to say the Gems are Macks...the line bred snows though...???

Albey, I'm with you on the line bred traits. I got my first SS the other day and it is a stunning animal to look at, but at the same time I know that by the time I grow it up, breed him, and hatch eggs...well, let's just say the market for Mack Snow babies may not be looking that great! lol Then again, if you do the right crosses cool things can happen.

One of the things that make the line bred snows so disireable is their uniqueness (pattern/spotting). I'd love to hear if anyone has had success manipulating the Super Snow's striped pattern. I believe Kelli hatched one that has reduced spotting? Now, a jungle Super Snow (if possible) or hypo would be sweet!

Well, thanks for the pictures Albey...and hopefully somewhere in this thread we can make some sense of how the Mack snow traits work!?

Last edited:

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
robin said:
i perfer the looks of the line bred snows over the "macks"
now jeanne xavier is indeed right kelli bred a SS mack male to cody's albey line bred snows and produced a SS.

So, you guys are saying that you can breed a Mack to a Line Bred Snow and get SS's?

I know Kelli told me Cody sent her a few of his Line Bred Snows, she bred them to her SS, and she hatched a SS from the cross, but I thought somehow a Mack got into Shelly's collection and the Snows that he sent Kelli must be Macks. How can you make a SS from a Mack x Line Bred Snow, A Line Bred Snow is just a normal bred over the years for its whiteness.

I'm not saying that any of you are wrong, I just can't understand how that would happen. Man, genetics can be so confusing :main_huh:

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Albey said:
Hi Jeanne,
I am afraid I am going to disagree with you on the Recessive or Co-Dom thing. I like the fact that they are selective bred. It keeps the price stable. If they were Recessive or Co-Dom the price would be $50.00 for a hatchling. :D

Thats true :main_thumbsup:

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
Jeanne said:
So, you guys are saying that you can breed a Mack to a Line Bred Snow and get SS's?

I know Kelli told me Cody sent her a few of his Line Bred Snows, she bred them to her SS, and she hatched a SS from the cross, but I thought somehow a Mack got into Shelly's collection and the Snows that he sent Kelli must be Macks. How can you make a SS from a Mack x Line Bred Snow, A Line Bred Snow is just a normal bred over the years for its whiteness.

I'm not saying that any of you are wrong, I just can't understand how that would happen. Man, genetics can be so confusing :main_huh:
At first I thought maybe Kelli had a discrepency in her documentation thinming the SS came from a ine bred from Cody yet it was from Mack. But now its been produced more than once and from gem female too as she posted, also seems Paul has done the same. Maybe it is what Albey is leading to but how odd.

robin

if i recall, kelli said one of the females she got a SS from was one of albeys line bred snows (one of the three of cody's)

Visit our friends