Let us know if you run into any issues.

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I've been working my butt off trying to get this site ready since the other server went down. I believe I have everything ready and working to the best of my knowledge on the new server. However, if any of you have any issues with the site, big or small, please don't hesitate to post them here or PM me.

I'm really excited the forum is ready as soon as the DNS servers finally point here. 24 hours or less! I hope to see some familiar faces soon :D

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
Woohoo, it's finally live...it's about freaking time!

I'm sure a few of you might have a few issues seeing the new site initially. Everyone let everyone know to clear their cache, and that should do the trick :D

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
o0 Ryan 0o said:
Let us know if you run into any issues.

Well actually, when I ... oh wait, you meant FORUM issues. heh. Everything looks great so far! Ryan, you're awesome! :main_thumbsup:

KelliH

I want to say that without Ryan this site would not look and work as great as it does. He is most assuredly my partner in this venture. Thanks Bro!:main_thumbsup:

robin

ryan i am still unable to acess the site using www.geckoforums.net. i have cleared my cache, history and cookies but still cn't i am using the ip to acess it now so the link up at the top don't work for me yet =|

p.s. i am using forefox... could that be an issue? it ran fine before that the "pther forum" i mean on firefox

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
The banana has returned!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

He's at the bottom of the list.

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
Jeanne said:
Am I the only one that sees the links, User Cp, etc aren't lined up correctly?
What screen resoultion are you using?

robin said:
ryan i am still unable to acess the site using www.geckoforums.net. i have cleared my cache, history and cookies but still cn't i am using the ip to acess it now so the link up at the top don't work for me yet =|

p.s. i am using forefox... could that be an issue? it ran fine before that the "pther forum" i mean on firefox
As a last resort, try restarting your computer after you've cleared your cache and history again. If it doesn't work, hang tight, it will work properly soon. Everyone's computer/connection is different.

KelliH

Am I the only one that sees the links, User Cp, etc aren't lined up correctly?

Yeah, the ones with the triangles next to them are lower than the others.

This is so embarrasing but.. how do you know what screen resolution you are using?:eek: lol

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
KelliH said:
Yeah, the ones with the triangles next to them are lower than the others.

This is so embarrasing but.. how do you know what screen resolution you are using?:eek: lol

I noticed they hang down a pixel or two further as well. I have no idea why it's doing that, not a huge issue though. If they're really scrunched, it's probably because you're using a low resolution.

To check your screen resolution... right click on your desktop and go to properties, then the settings tab.

robin

ok cleared cache history and all that and rebooted and still have to come in using the ip =|

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
Jeanne said:
Hey Jeanne, the links are going to look a little smashed in the nav with that resolution. I normally design for 800x600 users, but this site demands a larger width with the header/links. I would recommend using 1024x768 if you can.

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
robin said:
ok cleared cache history and all that and rebooted and still have to come in using the ip =|
It will work for you soon enough Robin. In the meantime you can use the IP address. PS - I'm sorry the links wont work properly until the site is loading correctly.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
o0 Ryan 0o said:
Hey Jeanne, the links are going to look a little smashed in the nav with that resolution. I normally design for 800x600 users, but this site demands a larger width with the header/links. I would recommend using 1024x768 if you can.

That worked

Visit our friends