Female Aggression?

• Thread starter DannyCrazy4Geckos
  • Start date
D

DannyCrazy4Geckos

I have 2 female leopards, and a couple times when I have fed them it seemed that one was being aggressive toward the other (nipping her tail, etc.). Should I maybe consider feeding them individually? Please give me some suggestions on what I should do.

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I would probably feed them separately. There are factors to consider as well though. Like size difference in the duo and what size tank they are kept in.

My one female was overly aggressive towards all her cagemates, mainly because she was larger than the others. They at the time were kept in a 15 gal too, which may also have had something to do with it. And it wasn't just at feeding time she became aggressive I noticed. Even when placed in a 40 gal breeder with only two other females of equal sixe. she remained highly aggressive. Needless to say she is in her own enclosure now.

My solid advice is to keep an eye on her and her cagemate. Make sure she is only aggressive at feeding time or you may have to separate them entirely. Hope they get along.

Visit our friends