Beatrice wont open one of her eyes.

Kay

She shed last week and had some shed stuck around her mouth and eye. Her one eye she wouldnt open and the other was all red. She still wont open one eye. I put her in a moist hide on the warm side as someone told me to do.

She makes this weird chirping sound when I hold her.

I'm trying to find a good vet to take her to if need be, but in the meantime, what's going on with her? :(

Kay

Her eyes are still bad, she's getting skinnier, and now Clementine's eyes are bad too. Can someone please give me any sort of advice?!?! I've tried finding a vet in the area without luck and no one seems to know how to help.

Saphira

What are you doing for her?? are you feeding her? do they both have humid hides? are you soaking them?

we are dealing with this too and it is very frustrating.

I am feeding my leo every other day slurry and we soak and wash her eyes also and pull out skin as I can. She is also taking some Reptaid.

L

Lostinspace

It seems like your problems are stemming from a lack of moisture or a spot to rub their skin of correctly. I have this problem with mine occasionally as well. Try getting a sturdier hide or one of those log hides. The ones made from real wood NOT cork they are to soft. Also make sure they can reach the top with their faces. This is of course after you solve the immediate problem. Use room temp water and slowly moisten the area with a q-tip until skin is soft. Next wet the q-tip and squeeze out excess water, needs to be damp not wet. Then using the q-tip slowly roll the skin away from the area. Try this 2-3 times a day until u work the dead skin off. PS they most likely wont be happy about this unless it is really bothering them some slight pressure may be needed to restrain the leo until you are done. The chirping is letting you know she is aggitated! Hope this helps out!!

Lizzy's Mom

Spoiled Geckos R' Us
It seems like your problems are stemming from a lack of moisture or a spot to rub their skin of correctly. I have this problem with mine occasionally as well. Try getting a sturdier hide or one of those log hides. The ones made from real wood NOT cork they are to soft. Also make sure they can reach the top with their faces. This is of course after you solve the immediate problem. Use room temp water and slowly moisten the area with a q-tip until skin is soft. Next wet the q-tip and squeeze out excess water, needs to be damp not wet. Then using the q-tip slowly roll the skin away from the area. Try this 2-3 times a day until u work the dead skin off. PS they most likely wont be happy about this unless it is really bothering them some slight pressure may be needed to restrain the leo until you are done. The chirping is letting you know she is aggitated! Hope this helps out!!

That sounds perfect and is what I have been having to do with Lizzy. I also soak her in a warm bath with a little bit of mineral oil. That seems to help moisten their skin. I even rub a little on her eyes with a qtip. I pick Lizzy up with a hand towel so I can get a better grip on her and hold her while I am rubbing her eyes. She lets me know that she has had enough by opening her mouth super wide and holding it open until I put her down! And she tried to bite me once, but all she got was towel! She actually got one cap off herself and we are working on the other.
There seems to be a lot of us going through this right now...we are here for ya!;)

Last edited:

Lizzy's Mom

Spoiled Geckos R' Us
Here is a picture of what Lizzy's eye looked like up untill 30 min ago. I rubbed some mineral oil on her eye and let it soak in for a while...she actually rubbed real hard on the qtip and it finally came off.

Lizzy002.jpg

Visit our friends