blizzard male ..turning dark?

doodle

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows why my male blizzard male is turning really dark ( he's not in shed ) he is on paper towel, 3 years old, eating superworms and crickets dusted with resphay (sp?). His warm side is in the 90's and cool side in the 80's.

I don't have a picture of him right now but I did find a picture online ..which can show what I mean

female-blizzard-leopard-gecko-tank_5232521.jpg

HIM LIGHT

DARK
lg6893bliz130511.jpg

he was dark for a good month or so and now he's back to his light color again ...

whats going on, I get really worried when he's so dark ..

jbs81890

Sorry to pick but neither one of those pics shows paper towels. How are temping his heating pad?

doodle

Sorry to pick but neither one of those pics shows paper towels. How are temping his heating pad?

If you read more closely .. I had stated "I don't have a picture of him right now but I did find a picture online ..which can show what I mean"

So those are NOT HIM I tried looking for a picture online that could best describe my situation. And even if it was him..... I could have just taken him out which would explain the non paper towel ground.

Also he has belly heat.

RampantReptiles

a change in color could mean anything from he just feels a little cold and is trying to absorb more heat (my mack snows do this a lot), he is shedding soon, or that he is ill. If there are no other signs of illness then its probably nothing to worry about.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
This something Blizzards [and Patternless] do from time to time... If he's doing his gecko stuff as usual [eating, pooping, shedding, etc] you have no need to worry...

Visit our friends