Geckos new foam castle!

Blacksupra94

Got some of the pink foam from home depot and went away at constructing this new castle for my Leo with the help of my girlfriend. It was hard to get good pics through the glass but it is basically a rectangle leading into a circle all elevated 6" above ground. I built a slot for the heating pad to cover half of the area up there so it stays about 60-90 throughout the upstairs area. Here are pics

Also used "great stuff" expandable foam to create some random rock tunnel on top of eco earth on the ground ( 1/3 of the cage is covered in eco earth)

PS: I painted with rock texture spray paint ( waited till fumes subsided before placing in tank)

IMG_5094.jpg

top view
IMG_5097.jpg

Picture with rectangle lid off
IMG_5095.jpg

Picture with gecko hiding away in circle house ( where she stays 90% of time)
IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

the poop looking great stuff foam house lol
IMG_5101.jpg

Stl_Greaser

Is part of that castle just raw foam with no sealer or anything? If so that could be a place to harbor bacteria and what not!

Other than that it looks cool.

wakeskate420

Stl, is it safe to use that type of spray paint if you seal it with a non toxic sealer?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reptile Ryan

Well I dont really know much on the bacteria but its probally wont but you have to relize what happens when you try to spray paint foam. It will most likely dissolve. Other that that its a amazing setup man

Visit our friends