Im a new Mommy!!! Tempoarily at least :)

lazzara8478

I rescued a big brown bat yesterday. Its tiny despite the name. I went to my gfs house in Capac, MI and it was out by her porch. The cats had gotten it and ripped and broke its wing sometime back, otherwise its in great shape, healthy, active and allert. It will may never fly again though. Im going to hang on to it a couple months.. at least till we move as I called a couple bat resues locally who would take it but everything they would do I'm already doing. Since its settled in and adjusting now, eating and drinking, I might as well keep it here.

Im excited to be able to do this!! The bat rescue said they will take it when Im ready and if it cant be released it will go to cranbrook in their educational program.

DSCF4165.jpg

DSCF4162.jpg

100_7985.jpg

100_7988.jpg

100_7992.jpg

100_7994.jpg

100_7997.jpg

100_7998.jpg

100_8001.jpg

100_8002.jpg

Sandra

Aaaw. I also adopted once a bat that had its wing ripped off... Along with his arm bone :(

He didn't survive more than two weeks, poor thing. Unfortunately enough, I adopted the only species in Spain whose sounds are audible to the human ear. Those nights were horrible :sick2:

But he was cute, here's a picture of the species:
http://www.museum-bourges.net/anglais/html/cestoni.html

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
that is SOOOO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Congrats ;)
he really is a cute little guy :smitten: I hope he can eventually fly again!! Good job taking such good care of him, too :main_thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your bat Sandra :eek:

Last edited:

david13

bats look really cute there..but when you think of them in a cave or something, they sound mean

he looks awesome, good luck

OSUgecko

Cautionary note: handle him carefully. Rabies can and often does get transmitted from wild animals, including bats! It's probably fine, but... just be careful.

On a brighter note, he's AWFULLY cute! :)

lazzara8478

OSUgecko said:
Cautionary note: handle him carefully. Rabies can and often does get transmitted from wild animals, including bats! It's probably fine, but... just be careful.

On a brighter note, he's AWFULLY cute! :)

The cases of bats with rabies are very far and few in between... still though I never handle it bare handed and always wash my hands before and after... I have two daughters so Im an extra careful momma :main_yes:

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
Awww! He/She is so adorable! I love bats! They are so cool and fun to look at. I hope that one does ok for you. Good Luck with it! Have you named it yet? lol.

T

The Sunset Gang

Makes me wanna have a pet bat! But, if i would bring a bat home, I would probably be homeless. HaHa.

Visit our friends