Image Attachments

KelliH

Hey All-

I had to resize all of the attached thumbnails in order to implement a modification to the forums. For some reason some of the attachments could not or would not resize. You will notice in some of the posts that the image appears as if it is only partially there, but when you click on it the image opens up all the way. I'm really not sure why this happened but it should not happen with any future attachments. Let me know if any of you have any issues with uploading and/or viewing new image attachments. Thanks!

Last edited:

KelliH

The new Modification I installed is a mod that displays the first attached image in each post in the Classifieds section to show as a thumbnail on the main page of that forum. I have disabled it in all but the Photography Equipment forum so that you can see what it does. Look here to see-
http://geckoforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77

If you guys like it, I can enable it for all of the Classifieds forum. Feedback would be appreciated. :)

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
That is a really sweet idea. But i would imagine that it would take up more screen space then people would be concerned about their bumps and letting things fall to the bottom and all that good stuff that people tend to voice their concerns over in the classified section.

I really did try to make that sound not so mean but alas i'm not very good at it. To think i work with the public on a daily basis.

thekooliest

Website Creator
Thats nice, but too much space like Ryan said. I don't think you could get a tumbnail image when you hover over the text, that would be cool.

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
thats awsome Kelli, you should do the "make everybody read this" mod power for this too..I just stumbled across this but man that would be NICE in the classifieds area!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
It looks really great, but I did notice that many of the 'old' image posts looked half loaded. I didn't even try clicking on them... thanks for letting us know!

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Uploading photos to albums

Hey All-

I had to resize all of the attached thumbnails in order to implement a modification to the forums. For some reason some of the attachments could not or would not resize. You will notice in some of the posts that the image appears as if it is only partially there, but when you click on it the image opens up all the way. I'm really not sure why this happened but it should not happen with any future attachments. Let me know if any of you have any issues with uploading and/or viewing new image attachments. Thanks!

In the personal album area I no longer have a link
to UP LOAD photos to the albums any longer.
Thanks. Take care. HJ

fOOlsgOld

OK I'm sorry if I'm just being really blond but..... I don't see the Classifieds section now on the main page of the forums? I have to come to this post and click the link to get there. Any help for a blond?? :p:p

KelliH

It shows up as the third link from the left on the taskbar for me.
User CP Quick Links Classifieds

Do you not see it there?

fOOlsgOld

AAAHHHH ok I see it there now! I always just scrolled down to the bottom of the forums and it showed up there for me till you started playing around with the classifieds:) lol Thank you Kelli, much appricated.

Visit our friends