Juvenile gecko colors

TheotheLeo

Hello!
I don't currently have a leopard gecko but I'm working on slowly setting up a tank.
In the mean time I've been looking and researching. I had leopard geckos years ago but I want everything to be perfect.
My local pet store posted a picture of the juvenile leopard geckos she has on facebook and my question is, what will these two look like In color when they mature?
Are those the colors they keep but the spotting appears as they mature?
Would you say these two are "normal" colors? Screenshot_20200813-202702_Facebook.jpg
Thanks in advance everyone!

JadedGeckos

the pattern/colours are gonna change ALOT from small to adult. take this for example
unnamed.jpg

you can somewhat predict how they will look if you have a picture of thier parents but they will wary abit but still be somehwat like thier parents.

TheotheLeo

Its amazing how much they change. Since I'm buying from a pet store itll be a surprise for there final looks!
Would you say that the shade of yellow as a juvenile is roughly the color they'll turn as an adult?
For example, would the juvenile with the pale colors in my picture be an adult with pale colors?
Thanks!!

JadedGeckos

yea the pale one to the right will probably be more bright yellow/orange while the one to the left might still be orange but with more pattern

TheotheLeo

Great, its nice to have an idea of what they may look like. When I had geckos years ago they were both adults.
Thanks for the help!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The only thing I could say for sure is that the one with the paler dark markings has greater potential to lose most of all of the black spots that are coming.

Aliza

TheotheLeo

After looking at different morphs, what I'm hoping to come close to is the murphys patternless morph. I love the pale colors.
I'm guessing I'll have to special order when the time comes.

Visit our friends