My Blazing Blizzards

J

Josh'sGeckoCloset

I have a male and a Female blazing blizzard and they were both around 65 grams. And the female seemed to be ovulating. She had A big bulging tummy lol. So I put them together this afternoon around 12 and the female kept running away. So I left because the female was not being aggressive. So I ran to wall mart and about 2 hours later I looked in there cage and they were just laying there on their stomachs does this mean that they did the deed? And also what is the how do I say it ovulation periods? every month 2weeks or what?
Here are there pictures they are beautiful and will make beautiful hatchlings.
Thanks guys hopefully you can help me.
Josh:main_thumbsup:

male
blzblzm1-1.jpg

Female
blzblzf1-1.jpg

G

GeckoMandi

I think you need give people a little time to answer questions.

But to help you it's easy to tell when females ovulate if you know what to look for, this site is what I learned from http://www.leopardgeckobreeder.com/ovulation.html

I always wait til I have an hour or 2 to spare to watch my pairs do the deed, but of course a lot of bigger breeders cannot do this. If I know I have a couple hours free then I just watch them. I have never had to watch for more than 10 minutes though lol, you can always usually tell when the female is going to accept the male in my experience anyways not all are the same of course.

G

GeckoMandi

The Gecko Prince said:
I have some breeders who must wait until I'm not looking, and some who don't care who's watching. ;)
Mine must love an audience! Freaks!! lol

J

Josh'sGeckoCloset

Alright So it is pretty obvious when there ovulating you can see that pink spot pretty clearly?

BalloonzForU

Josh'sGeckoCloset said:
Alright So it is pretty obvious when there ovulating you can see that pink spot pretty clearly?

Yes unless they are on the chunky side. Then you may have to arch their backs a little more and let them squirm a little to see it between the fat....LOL

J

Josh'sGeckoCloset

Ok well I have A pictutre of her underside tell me if you all think she is ovulating Iam just stupid I guess but I do not think she is.
IMG_0657.jpg

robin

yes it is quite obvious when they are ovulating. the pink spot in my photo got washed out its normally a brighter shade of pink. quite distinguishable

Visit our friends