New Classifieds Modification

How do you feel about the new Classifieds Modification

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KelliH

I have added a new modification to the website. This mod allows for the first attached image of each post in the classifieds section to show up as a thumbnail on the front page of the forum. It's turned off in all of the Classified forums except for one right now, and I have some test ads posted here-
http://geckoforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77

I just wanted to know what everyone thought about it and if you like it or not. I think it's pretty cool because it shows the image on the front page of the forum and gives people more of an incentive to click on your ads.

SO let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
I really like the idea i think that it could have great benefits.

The only Cons that i could see in this would be really how much space does it take up as far as will it put less threads on the front page. Not to sound like a greedy jerk but everyone is in some sense or another and would want their post on the front page as long as possible.

Minding i have never posted in the classified section and i do plan on it in the future but it's just a thought. More or less trying to thinking of potential issues before they arise.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,

Ryan

KelliH

I really like the idea i think that it could have great benefits.

The only Cons that i could see in this would be really how much space does it take up as far as will it put less threads on the front page. Not to sound like a greedy jerk but everyone is in some sense or another and would want their post on the front page as long as possible.

Minding i have never posted in the classified section and i do plan on it in the future but it's just a thought. More or less trying to thinking of potential issues before they arise.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,

Ryan

I appreciate the feedback. Actually, if you go back and look at the link I posted to the Test Ads I posted, there are still 20 threads per page, just as when there is no thumbnail image. So this mod will not affect anyone's ad being bumped to the second page any faster than usual.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
I'd have to say I'm indifferent. I think if you want to look at a classified, it makes no difference if there's a picture presented outside of the individual classified add or not.

On the plus side though, I like the idea that there are twenty listings per page with or without the picture. Meaning someone's add doesn't get bumped down to page two any faster than before.

KelliH

I love it, I know that Fauna Classifieds does it this way, and I've actually always wished that it was like that here. Awesome!

Cool! It was a pretty simple modification really, but as with many of these mods, it takes some tweaking to get it to work just the way you want it to.

I could actually set it up where when you click "New Posts" or when someone does a search, the thumbnails will show up in the search results and New Posts results. However, I think would clutter up the main part of the forums.

whkrazyk

Geck'd Out
love it, adds a nice look to the classified section, instead of just text, thanks again kelly for all you do, I love this site...kyle........P.S. thanks to all the MODS too.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
It would probably clutter up the main part of the forums, but you could just keep it out of the searches unless it is a search in the classifieds section specifically. It will be awesome though, I can't wait! Thanks to all that you do for the site Kelli :)

Visit our friends