Please Help with my new leo

K

Kfree

Hello I bought my first leo about three months ago. He seems to have a really hard time shedding and I cannot figure out why. He had been very agressive since i got him so I cannot help him get the shed off his toes. We are working on handeling dont worry.

He eats and drinks fine and is very active. He is in a 45gal tank its a cornor unit so it is tall not wide. Mat heater in one cornor. One hide one the warm side one on the cool. Wet hide with paper towl in the middle a bit closer to warm side. Green fake plant in back(he likes to hide under) food bowl against glass in cool side and water in back cornor. We use paper towl as footing. Eats crickets and mealworms.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
How old is this gecko?
Place your humid hide right over your heat pad, Consequently how much of the tank does this mat cover.
I would suggest downsizing the tank though, yes he has large ammounts of space but if your leo is small it would be advisable to downsize on the tank for a while.

K

Kfree

He is about 5inches head to tail so fairly young. All I have is a 15gallon tank which is too small i think. The mat covers about alittle less than 1/3 of the tank.

K

Kfree

is a 45gal to big? he doesnt seem stressed in it and there are lots of hids? Also should I take him to the vet he poop is runny parasites maybe I got him from ***** (I know not a good place) I went to the store to get crickets and they told me all the other geckos that were with him died that has me worried...

I indoruced him with a few wax worms to put wieght on him is that okay?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Yeah a 45 is big enough for even a trio of adults, yes take a sample of poo to the vet asap, yeah i would have not even bought one under circumstances like that, having the other geckos died in the tank i would have him checked out at the vet as soon as possible, he could have internal paracites.

Waxies yes ok but not too many.

Visit our friends