Possible Prolapse or Something Else?

Arconna

I'm taking him to the vet on Monday if I can, but I wanted to know what I can do to help him right now. My gecko Herbert showed some milkiness in his eye recently and I thought it was a result of his bad shed, so I gave him some meds and when I came back to check on him later in the day I noticed this swelling and protruding whatever from his vent/hemipene area. I suspect it's a prolapse of some sort, but if there's something I can do to relieve his discomfort, etc. or if you have any thoughts on what it is, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Arconna

Update: I decided to give him a warm soak, since it seemed like that was what was recommended elsewhere. I'm changing his vet appt w/ one of my other leos, since the other one looks much better and can wait. I hope it's nothing too terribly serious. I've had a lot of sick leos recently and it's getting a bit overwhelming...

If anyone has any other recommendations or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

ajveachster

It does look like a prolapse. I think somebody mentioned using a corn syrup soak in another thread. If I find it, I will let you know.

Arconna

I thought I'd update you all. It wasn't a prolapse after all. He had two seminal plugs. They were removed and while he is a bit swollen down there (for obvious reasons), he's looking much better. No blood in his urates and feces, and he looks okay. His eye did have a small corneal ulcer on it, but I think it's getting better. There wasn't a puncture, just a small scratched bit. I've got him on eye meds and he should be fine.

I'm hoping my other gecko with a similar condition gets better soon :S. His eye hasn't regained its colors/irises, but the eye itself hasn't lost its shape...I dunno. I'm worried about him and hope that his eye is okay. Maybe he went blind in it...I think I'll post another thing about that later to see what everyone thinks.

Visit our friends