Rack system

angel676

I have a couple questions guys and need your help
1)What size tubs do I need for adults,sub-adults,hatchlings
2)What do the tubs need
3)good thermostat
4)do I need substrate for the racks and how will the leopard geckos get hydrated
those are my questions I currently have my leopards in 10 gallon tanks but with all the lighting and heat pads it gets expensive no to mention the substrate so yeah wanna go with rack system and it will be easier for me to breed so its a double win but have some questions that I do not have answers to so thanks for looking guys!!!

beezy

hey. i use 6 qt sterilite tubs for my hatchlings/babies and when they hit 30-35 grams they move into a 16qt sterilite tub. as for substrate i use paper towel. also the tub needs a calcium dish, water bowl, humid hide, and a dry hide. (some people say inside the rack is dark enof and a dry hide is not needed so it is up to you.) and belly heat. a good thermostat is a helix, and spyder robotics. the leos will hydrate themselves with a waterbowl. wouldnt you drink when your thirsty?..loll...and as far as cost goes, it may or may not be better using a rack because the money it costs you to have a heat lamp and uth on it may be the same to keep an entire rack with flex watt on 24/7. this is just my input..=]

Visit our friends