Seeking a lonely parrot! Nj, tri- state area

daniellebluetoo

gecko hoarder
HI Folks,
I am proudly owned by an older Congo african grey,.....He is co-dependent. Great bird, but loves too much :)..... I have a problem, I will be starting my life over and attending college in a few weeks. I think for such a co-dependent bird this may be devastating, and could lead to mental and physical distress and other problems...

SO, I am seeking a friend for my grey, I think a parrot the same size would be best.... and I'm told the opposite sex... My grey is said to be male, tho I've not had him DNA tested.......

Personally I would prefer a bird that is socialized and NOT a biter. BUt all birds will be considered.

Healthy is a must. Bird species not important, neither is talking or mimicking ability. Any bird will be loved and appreciated just for how they are!

Must come with appropriate sized cage.

About me and my bird husbandry.

My grey Moe, gets 12-13 hrs of sleep a night, he has a regular schedule, and goes to bed the same time as my son. Moe sleeps in a smaller cage in my room.
Moe's "day time" cage is HUGE, it's 5-7 tall about 5ft across and at least 3.5ft deep, HUGE!
Has access to sunlight every day.
Moe is given foraging opportunity's every day. I give him lots of stuff to explore and it is tailored to him personally as he does not like store bought toys (even after I spent over 100$ on them!!!)))... Moe prefers to shred news paper with bits of cereal or cracker hidden in it or a dried corn cob hidden in a smaller box... really he's all about the paper products!
Moe is talked to sung to danced with and generally socialized with everyday.
Is given LOTS of fresh produce and home cooked food daily, really a nice variety of mostly organic fare.
Is working on harness training so he can go outside out of a travel cage.

While none if this is going to stop, the general time I'll be away from home is going to increase, and i'm hoping just hoping that someone out there has a bird/parrot that would like a fabulous home, an awesome feathered companion and pretty cool human companions for life..

Please feel free to email me from here or call directly....
You can learn more about me and the type of persona I am by viewing my personal website.

Thank you,
Danielle
732-609-4169
www.TheHolisticNanny.com

Can travel with it reasonable distance, and you are welcome to come check out my digs or ask for pics if you like.

Visit our friends